Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

What's with the animation? It looks so cheap compared to Clone Wars.

Clone Wars got 6 years to improve and the goal for George lucas was not profitability but to have a Star Wars show going on, to help this franchise to live.

Star Wars Rebels is there to be SUCCESSFUL and PROFITABLE at the same time, and it's just the beginning, they will improve over the time..like Clone Wars did.

ABC TO AIR "STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION" ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26

ABC TO AIR "STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION," ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 WITH A NEW SCENE FEATURING DARTH VADER

The critically-acclaimed epic adventure "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion," will air on ABC on SUNDAY OCTOBER 26 (7:00 p.m., ET/PT). Executive Producer Dave Filoni states, "We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We've added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones."

The television movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" delivered 6.5-million viewers in its premieres on Disney Channel and Disney XD around the world including the U.S. and 16 markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Canada. The "Star Wars Rebels" weekly series on Disney XD (Mondays 9:00 p.m., ET/PT), has been renewed for a second season.

Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, the "Star Wars Rebels" story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost – cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the "muscle" Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and grumpy old astromech droid Chopper – will face threatening new villains, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

The voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.

"Star Wars Rebels" is created by Dave Filoni ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars"), Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "Sherlock Holmes"), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman ("Gargoyles").

Source: reported markets: U.S.,10/3/14. EMEA Premiere Weekend: France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Belgium, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic. Canada, 10/3/14 (*on Family Channel).

ABC TO AIR "STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION" ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26

ABC TO AIR "STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION," ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 WITH A NEW SCENE FEATURING DARTH VADER

The critically-acclaimed epic adventure "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion," will air on ABC on SUNDAY OCTOBER 26 (7:00 p.m., ET/PT). Executive Producer Dave Filoni states, "We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We've added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones."

The television movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" delivered 6.5-million viewers in its premieres on Disney Channel and Disney XD around the world including the U.S. and 16 markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Canada. The "Star Wars Rebels" weekly series on Disney XD (Mondays 9:00 p.m., ET/PT), has been renewed for a second season.

Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, the "Star Wars Rebels" story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost – cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the "muscle" Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and grumpy old astromech droid Chopper – will face threatening new villains, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

The voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.

"Star Wars Rebels" is created by Dave Filoni ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars"), Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "Sherlock Holmes"), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman ("Gargoyles").

Source: reported markets: U.S.,10/3/14. EMEA Premiere Weekend: France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Belgium, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic. Canada, 10/3/14 (*on Family Channel).

Wow, Disney is doing everything it can to make it popular :D

I hope it gets good ratings on ABC. I would love it if they moved it from Disney XD to ABC and hopefully also made it darker like the Clone Wars.

Why should it be darker? Rebels is closer to the first trilogy and has been created with that goal in mind, they won't do something like Clone Wars, why should they copy? Rebels must have its own identity, not being a copycat, so it's perfectly fine the way it is.

And this trend "darker is better" is increasingly tiring, life is not dark, life is beautiful and our world is full of colors so we should stop insulting it by showing it so dark and with such a pitiful variety in terms of color diversity.

I hope it gets good ratings on ABC. I would love it if they moved it from Disney XD to ABC and hopefully also made it darker like the Clone Wars.

When they make a live action show it'll go to ABC. Rebels is more geared towards younger demos so it's fine where it is.

Caught the pilot. Definitely very Firefly-esque, though a bit younger-skewing. Pilot was a little disjointed with some abrupt transitions. Could have used maybe another 5-7 minutes of downtime in-between setpieces to smooth things and give a little more characterization.

Edited by 4815162342

You mean you watch tv shows live??  

Yep all the time.  It is easier, looks better and less hassle and wait.

A lot of people still do that, and if I had US TV channels at home I would do it, a laptop screen won't replace a big TV screen in terms of comfort.

This is part of it as well.  I never watch a movie or tv on a computer screen.  

Besides I have OnDemand through my cable so I can watch almost any show after it premieres in about 12 hours after the broadcast :P

• Like 1

A lot of people still do that, and if I had US TV channels at home I would do it, a laptop screen won't replace a big TV screen in terms of comfort.

Me neither.  I watch tv via my computer but i have a cable that connects to my tv.  You can still get HD quality video that way.  The sound comes from the tv.

• Like 1