Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I've finally just watched it.

Ahhhh, I wanna go back in :(

I might have had tears in my eyes throughout the whole final scene... This was a sublime experience, I'm so devastated that I won't be able to watch it again at the movie theater. :sadno:

Just listening to the soundtrack right now and I just have like, feelings you know? Lots of feelings, all sorts of feelings. Just... feelings.

Image result for la la land planetarium gif

• Like 2

Thoughts after seeing a second time.

Only time I felt the weight of the running time was when Mia was dancing in the Jazz club. Emma Stone shines in EVERY. SINGLE. SCENE she's in. Ryan Gosling can't quite live up to Stone, but he adds these little touches that makes his character very special. Technically, I don't remember the last time I saw a movie this unnitpickable. I love to death how realistic it is. Chazelle's perfectly orchestrated musical numbers is cinema with capital C.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

This was such a magical scene! In fact it's probably my favorite scene in this movie. One of the best scenes of any film in 2016.

The whole movie is magic on film, basically. I've seen it twice and I'm likely gonna end up seeing it a third time in theaters (which honestly hasn't happened in at least 15 years).

So the question goes back to being - does it take home a record number of awards or not...

@filmlover said in the Oscar Stream thread that this feels like the biggest BP lock since Slumdog in 2008 and I agree (another film with a huge nom haul that was sweeping things up) I really only see Hidden Figures at this point being a bigger threat unless Moonlight all of a sudden throws itself way out there.