grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

http://www.thewrap.com/box-office-mojo-absorbed-into-imdb-com/

Box Office Mojo Absorbed Into IMDb.com
BoxOfficeMojo.com has been shut down, as the site currently redirects to IMDb.

Box Office Mojo was bought by IMDb in 2008 and seems to have been absorbed by its parent company, which itself is owned by Amazon.

Box Office Mojo is a critical tool for movie industry executives in Hollywood who look to the site for real-time box office results and historical and comparative data. It was founded in 1999 as a three-person company headquartered in Burbank by Brandon Gray.
IMDB has a vast collection of data on films, but is lacking in detailed data on box office metrics. It is unknown if or how IMDB will incorporate the box office data into its system. The layout for Box Office Mojo is set up solely for an in depth look at box office metrics, while IMDB has many roles, including showing trailers, cast lists and fan commentary.

IMDB has not responded to request for comment by TheWrap. There has been no comment from the company via Twitter or on the site itself.

Archive link: https://web.archive.org/web/*/boxofficemojo.com

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I went there earlier this morning and it didn't redirect to IMDB like it does now. I don't remember it word for word but there was a blank webpage with a little message that said they were working on getting it back up. So I'm sure it will be back.

• Like 8

I went there earlier this morning and it didn't redirect to IMDB like it does now. I don't remember it word for word but there was a blank webpage with a little message that said they were working on getting it back up. So I'm sure it will be back.

That error message was there since late last night. I got an error when I was looking up theater counts to answer the winter game questions. Then roughly half an hour ago it started redirecting to IMDB.

Hoping that this is so that they get time to bring mojo back up instead of a permanent thing.

http://www.thewrap.com/box-office-mojo-absorbed-into-imdb-com/

BoxOfficeMojo.com has been shut down, as the site currently redirects to IMDb.

Box Office Mojo was bought by IMDb in 2008 and seems to have been absorbed by its parent company, which itself is owned by Amazon.

Box Office Mojo is a critical tool for movie industry executives in Hollywood who look to the site for real-time box office results and historical and comparative data.

THE JUDGE: I didn't hate it. When it's Downey & Duvall, it works. Most everything else doesn't. Better than WHERE I LEAVE YOU, at least.

•  
  •  
  • Uh... I don't see anything troublesome about that lol

Oh, my bad. But you know which one I'm talking about.