Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I like both film if I'm being honest, one just floats my boat more. I loved reading all the Stephen Hawkins books about black holes/relativity etc and for once we got a big budget blockbuster about it. Doesn't mean to say interstellar doesn't have its flaws but I was able to overlook them more than I could enjoy mad max to the extent you guys do.

Yeah, lets compare an ambitious overreaching space epic to a flawless post apocalyptic nonstop action movie.  I respect the hell out of both, and I'd easily take them both over the Avengers, Jurassic Worlds, and Avatars of the world.

IS was great but I raised my hands going this is to much with the  black hole.

However I was grinning when in Fast 7 in Dubai lol 

Just got back from an IMAX double bill of this + Inception. It's 1am and I'm thus feeling a little whacked out.

Boy oh boy am I glad I got to see this on the big big big screen. The space vistas when the Endurance approaches Saturn... :wub:. And the trip through the wormhole on the big screen was spectacular.

From a storytelling point of view this also holds up a lot better than I thought it might on repeat viewing.... I still can't understand half the dialogue (due to McC accent or an overabundance of technobabble), and it drags a bit between the Miller and Mann planets but otherwise the film whips along surprisingly quickly. The Miller/waves & Mann/docking set pieces are near perfection. 

• Like 3

Interstellar may succumb to some of Nolan's weaknesses, but its sense of awe and emotional resonance is unparalleled compared to the rest of his filmography. It looks good and has a typical great performance by McConaughey. Hans Zimmer's score is his best in years, and overall, the third act is so strong, it'll make you forgive any grievances you had in the dull first act and bloated second act. Interstellar is an ambitious movie that succeeds more than it fails. A-

• Like 1

This is Classic Nolan movie infact my favourite nolan!

Ive watched this many times its one of my all time favs...i found no flaws in this everything was perfect...but only the ending was disapointing coz i wanted a sequel i ended up asking for more :D 

Missed watching it on IMAX 

9.5/10

Edited by John Rambo
Missed Rating

Once we get past the granting earthly exposition (really Nolan, you should be better at this by now), the movie really takes off, it connects in a way that no blockbuster is able to connect nowadays. Interstellar should be admired by its sheer ambition alone. And fucking TARS, he's the greatest. 

Edited by Goffe

On 3/26/2017 at 0:03 AM, Matrix4You said:

just watched this today for a 4th time in 1080p.  i am upping my grade from a 98 to a 99.  I saw it with subtitles and picked up on so much more this time.  The visuals are still superior to films of today. 

No way in any universe this is a 99/100. Future space travelers will look back and laugh at how dumb it was throughout. 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1