Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Excluding James Cameron films, the previous record holder was Pirates 4 (whose record held for a bit more than a month). Before that it was The Lord of the Rings 3, whose record held for 8 years. Sorry, but HP7 - P2's streak is nothing extraordinary or even close to that.

It made 314M in one Weekend, Yeah, It was and still extraordinary.

• Like 5

Excluding James Cameron films, the previous record holder was Pirates 4 (whose record held for a bit more than a month). Before that it was The Lord of the Rings 3, whose record held for 8 years. Sorry, but HP7 - P2's streak is nothing extraordinary or even close to that.

Is this a joke? LOL

• Like 3

1.2B+

200M+ in China

90-100M in SK

80-100M in UK

70-80M in Mexico

65-75M in Brazil

60M+ in Russia

60M in Australia

Japan/France/Germany 40-45M

Spain and Italy 20-25M

A lot of the smaller territories will be looking at 20M+. Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, HK, Venezuela, Argentina, India, Colombia, Indonesia, Singapore and etc. Some could even approach 25M+. Asia and Latin America are going to blow up for TA2, real question is Europe. If it remain same or a slight decline from TA than it's in great shape for a massive jump from TA. Personally, 1B is locked for TA2.  :D

Brazil will devour it. 1.6m of visualizations only in facebook.

I think 80m.

• Like 1

I can have peace that it'll take 4 years for a film to top DH2's overseas gross. 

Lol Noctis you do know that Titanic dwarfs any movie even with 3D. It was a 4B+ run  adjusted todays standards. :D

Avatar 2B OS... With Avengers having nothing to  slow it down, HP7 part 2 may kneel to this mighty sequel OS.

Still I agree, it is no lock to do so.

950M -1.25B OS

My Money is on 1.1B and an awesome Domestic Tally of 590M.. Around 1.6-1.7B WW

• Like 1

On the biggest Chinese movie new website Mtime.com, the piece of news about AOU trailer has become 3rd most commented  topic.

The 1st and 2nd are about Paul Walker's death, FF7 will make more than 1 billion yuan in China too.

• Like 6

On the biggest Chinese movie new website Mtime.com, the piece of news about AOU trailer has become 3rd most commented  topic.

The 1st and 2nd are about Paul Walker's death, FF7 will make more than 1 billion yuan in China too.

FF7 will definitely be 2015's first huge blockbuster. Maybe even 1B$ WW is possible.

I can have peace that it'll take 4 years for a film to top DH2's overseas gross. 

Reply to Noctis:

Reply to Quigley:

It made 314M in one Weekend, Yeah, It was and still extraordinary.

Reply to Quigley:

Is this a joke? LOL

I wasn't talking about its opening weekend gross or its total overseas gross. I was talking about how long it will remain as the biggest overseas gross among films not directed by James Cameron. It will (most likely) retain that record for 4 years, which pales in comparison to LOTR 3's 8-year period. The gross may be extraordinary but that is irrelevant to my argument. If you find it funny when someone says "8 is bigger than 4", at least keep it to yourself.

AOU

BVS

VII

Avatar 2 (2016?), Avatar 3 (2017?), Avatar 4 (2018?)

TF5

JLI

The Avengers 3 (2018?)

Bond 24 and/or 25 and/or 26 (2018?)

You are in the Avengers 2 thread, what did you think he was referring to with 4 years if not AOU topping HP8 after 4 years?

Well compared to James Camerons films its not Extraordinary. But compared to other mere mortal Behemoths.. HP7 Part 2 is legend.

And considering if we match it up to todays 3D standards.. HP7 part2 is still bigger than Avengers Overall

What the fuck you talking about? Avengers was way bigger than DH2.

• Like 1

Well those are the movies that can top DHII in the mean time.

There Is no meantime, AOU will be released 4 years after DH2, that was the point of the original post, it recognized that AOU would make more than DH2 and that it took 4 years for this to happen. You then listed AOU itself and a bunch of films that release after that.