Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

So it won't to $1.4b

If AoU opens with 4-5m, then it will likely finish with 20-25m, so 1.4b would go down to the wire.

yup, itll be close. Japan can do a 5 multiplier easily with summer weekdays

weekend is just sat and sunday. so the midweek can match and in summer exceed the weekend total

all up to WOM and competition

FF7 made about 5m on sat and sunday and made 27m. but it held well and had little competion

It can make it.

It won't make it.

I still think AoU will end in $1.395b.

1.4B is a done deal. Looks close to $4m today. Will be 7m+ for 2 day weekend. Doesn't have a holiday but it has summer weekdays. Should do $30m based on todays number

No way. Corpse has it at $6.6M, a great result given the exchange rate. It could maybe reach $7 million but $9 million would be over a billion yen and there's no way it did that.

I know.... but last week it was at 919.1m and other markets won't have done more than 500k.

Something's odd.

• Like 1

From BO Global Report

Avengers: Age of Ultron finally blasted into its last overseas territory Japan this weekend and posted a very strong estimated two-day total of $6.5 million. That makes it the biggest opening weekend for a Marvel Cinematic Universe release in Japan, beating the Avengers opening by 60% in local currency. Its opening has also already exceeded the total runs of both Captain America films and both Thor films in local currency. In addition, Ultron scored the biggest opening weekend for an imported film this year beating out fellow Disney titles Big Hero 6 and Cinderella. Though its off to a strong start, Ultron’s legs will be tested over the next several weeks as Genisys, Inside Out, Minions, Jurassic World, and MI5 are released in quick succession. Ultron has grossed $929.3 million overseas and $1.383499 billion globally since its release in late April.

• Like 2

Its that very high or low?

It's the biggest OW for an imported live action movie since Deathly Hallows part 2 in 2011.

I'm shocked too. With Japan's box office situation right now, I thought there was no way it would increase from the first one. Disney wins again.

• Like 1