Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

Mojo's new management doesn't know what they are doing. They changed it originally based on that wrong The Numbers figure. Then changed it back when others pointed it out. Now seemed to have reconsidered and changed again. As much as people want #3, it doesn't match up with what we have.

Universal has decided that both Furious 7 and Jurassic World made so much money it decided to return most of it back. Look at grosses at UPI site.

http://upi-boxoffice.com/

FAST & FURIOUS 7 727,352,827

FAST 6 285,020,347
FAST FIVE 222,864,967
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY 202,250,248
FUGA DE CEREBROS 2 14,147,812
GET ON UP 2,100,957
JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN 145,991,759
JURASSIC WORLD 491,904,072

Universal has decided that both Furious 7 and Jurassic World made so much money it decided to return most of it back. Look at grosses at UPI site.

http://upi-boxoffice.com/

FAST & FURIOUS 7 727,352,827

FAST 6 285,020,347

FAST FIVE 222,864,967

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY 202,250,248

FUGA DE CEREBROS 2 14,147,812

GET ON UP 2,100,957

JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN 145,991,759

JURASSIC WORLD 491,904,072

Incredible numbers, stunning.

Well JW is going to beat Avengers by a decent margin anyway but it would've been nice to see both JW and F7 beat Marvel and knock it out of the top 4. I still have a feeling we'll see JW and F7 as #3 and #4 WW by the end of the year as F7 is still in some theaters, unless SW does crazy numbers overseas which I don't see happening. SW has better chances of winning domestic although $650m won't be easy at all.

Edited by scoobysaurus
  • Like 3

Updated to $1,161,967,115 overseas.  Total now $1,513,000,025

After all the 2012 releases were done there were 15 billion dollar movies.  After this year's movies are done there will be 15 movies over $1.1 billion.  

After all 2009 releases were done there were 5 billion dollar movies.  After this year's are done there will be 5 (possibly 6) movies over $1.5 billion.

• Like 1

Guys, relax. I refuse to accept the whole "fudging" idea. Imho, it's not really a thing. The best you can do is move on. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 ONA numbers were at $802.8M for two years (and thus below Skyfall's $804.2M). Then in October 2013, they were updated to $804.6M, surpassing Skyfall.

Furious 7's numbers are unlikely to change and, even if they change, they will probably not surpass Avengers, but even if they do surpass it, this will likely happen in a long time from now, maybe even 2 years or more.

Guys, relax. I refuse to accept the whole "fudging" idea. Imho, it's not really a thing. The best you can do is move on. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 ONA numbers were at $802.8M for two years (and thus below Skyfall's $804.2M). Then in October 2013, they were updated to $804.6M, surpassing Skyfall.

Furious 7's numbers are unlikely to change and, even if they change, they will probably not surpass Avengers, but even if they do surpass it, this will likely happen in a long time from now, maybe even 2 years or more.

Relax...Move on?! We're just posting updated numbers for FF7 as it's still being updated as of this past week. You are the one hoping, and wishing and praying that it doesn't pass your precious Avengers. Yes I'm rooting for FF7 and Universal success, but with $1,160B OS alone, it's already beating TA. And Jurassic World just topped it domestic, OS, and worldwide. And to top it off, Minion will gross the $1B mark by September, giving Universal its 3rd billion in the same year, making Uni the ONLY studio that has ever accomplish this feat.  Trust me, we are RELAXed (no, more like super excited) and happy with those result. 

I hope you have a Relaxing day, as you move on from seeing FF7/Uni leaving TA and AOU in the dust!!!   :P  :D  :D  :D

Edited by Queen Shar
  • Like 2

Update the OS numbers Universal! Or just use accounting magic.

They just did. $1.1616B now! :P

They didnt.

It was $1.1606B until recently. 

Updated to $1,161,967,115 overseas.  Total now $1,513,000,025

After all the 2012 releases were done there were 15 billion dollar movies.  After this year's movies are done there will be 15 movies over $1.1 billion.  

After all 2009 releases were done there were 5 billion dollar movies.  After this year's are done there will be 5 (possibly 6) movies over $1.5 billion.

According to the-numbers.com:

Furious 7 (2014)

Theatrical Performance Domestic Box Office $351,032,910 Details International Box Office $1,162,827,910 Details Worldwide Box Office $1,513,860,820

^Universal still hasn't updated the domestic numbers since before it expanded in the dollar/value theaters. Hopefully we will get those update soon.

Answer to the post below:

The above convo is not "just posting updated numbers for FF7". It is a desperate attempt to increase the gross despite the fact that Universal has issued no official announcement that justifies any of the above figures.

JW and Minions is irrelevant to my post and of course FF7 was super-successful despite not passing TA. I am simply advising some FF7 fanatics that their waiting could end up being pointless.

Relax...Move on?! We're just posting updated numbers for FF7 as it's still being updated as of this past week. You are the one hoping, and wishing and praying that it doesn't pass your precious Avengers. Yes I'm rooting for FF7 and Universal success, but with $1,160B OS alone, it's already beating TA. And Jurassic World just topped it domestic, OS, and worldwide. And to top it off, Minion will gross the $1B mark by September, giving Universal its 3rd billion in the same year, making Uni the ONLY studio that has ever accomplish this feat.  Trust me, we are RELAXed (no, more like super excited) and happy with those result. 

I hope you have a Relaxing day, as you move on from seeing FF7/Uni leaving TA and AOU in the dust!!!   :P  :D  :D  :D