grim22

Supergirl | CBS | Melissa Benoist from Whiplash and Glee to play the title character.

First look at Supergirl

SGBodyLR_54fa0dfae2f1a5.74310854.jpg

SGHeadLR_54fa0da2bf2258.60439665.jpg

That's actually a really good costume. Melissa Benoist really has started to impress me. really liked her in glee. and she was fantastic in her role in whiplash. glad she's getting parts.

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this. It looks closer to the cheesiness of Lois & Clark rather than the modern wave of TV superheroes like Smallville's Clark Kent, Arrow or The Flash.

That skirt looks so out of place in 2015.

Looks too much like a Halloween costume but we'll see when actual footage comes in.

Melissa Benoist is an interesting choice. She didn't impress me much when she was on Glee but that probably had more to do with the dismal writing she was saddled with. She was good in Whiplash but didn't have much at all to do.

That looked shit. mixture of Smallville and Lois and Clark. They should only use the smaller DC characters on tv. Give them an outlet. Keep the big ones for movies. Thats probably my only gripe with DC other than their casting of Ezra Miller as the freaking Flash.

• Like 1

It looks cute and there is no girly superhero in live action right now so it's a welcome change. Were people expecting Nolan gritty tone for a show featuring a teenage blonde flying around in a skirt?

No.

I expected something that didn't make me wanna smash my head through a laptop.

And the problem isn't that it's "girly", the problem is it looks awful. Like the leaked Wonder Woman pilot.

• Like 2