Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Budget of Prometheus is like 200m right? If that is correct, then I highly doubt a sequel will happen. If the budget is around 100m, then I think it stands a good chance.

Why are you predicting 250M-300M WW?

No that's my Prometheus prediction. Im saying I doubt a sequel will be made unless this is big OS.What do you think this will do OS and by this, I mean the first 1.

380/404M. My predict I have down is 380M for an R rating.
  • Like 1

Lindelof:

If there were a sequel to this movie, it would not be Alien. Normally, that’s the definition of a prequel. It precedes the other movies. The Star Wars prequels are going to end with Darth Vader going, “Noooo!,” unfortunately. There’s an inevitability, in watching a prequel, where you’re like, “Okay, if the ending of this movie is just going to be the room that John Hurt walks into, that’s full of eggs, there’s nothing interesting in that because we know where it’s going to end. With really good stories, you don’t know where it’s going to end. So, this movie, hopefully, will contextualize the original Alien, so that when you watch it again, maybe you know a little bit more. But, you don’t fuck around with that movie. It has to stand on its own. It’s a classic. If we’re fortunate enough to do a sequel to Prometheus, it will tangentialize even further away from the original Alien.