Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Scott:

This film, I’ve honestly had a better time with [it] in many years. Probably because I felt secure in having a terrific script from [Damon Lindelof]. That said, I want [Lindelof] to do the second one immediately. That’s the only reason I’m buttering [him] up.

After Prometheus, Scott has a short list of movies he could direct next, these include Gucci, Child 44 and the Gertrude Bell biopic. No mention of the Blade Runner sequel. The list could change on how Prometheus does, but we won't know til June 2012 so I would imagine he will start one of these 3 first then either do Blade Runner or Prometheus 2 and then the other.On Prometheus 2:

Insiders at Fox say the studio is already exploring sequel options.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/angelina-jolie-eyes-iraq-pioneer-263168

I don't know who will make out alive in Prometheus, but this who I would like to see in the lead roles: Jolie/Saldana (Leading Lady) and Joel Kinnaman (Android)/HemsworthAlternatives: Dicaprio/Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Android) and Bullock/Jessica Chastain (Leading Lady)The reason I picked these actors is they will be/are big actors. Chastain has already been in a few hits and Horizons will help her status in the sci-fi genre, same can be said for Bullock. Saldana is already there with Avatar, she might not be able to carry a movie on her own that is why she would have Jolie for support. As for the other leads DiCaprio knows how to handle big blockbusters. Also has never done full on sci-fi. JGL is becoming a major star this would help propel the sequel even higher. As for Kinnaman and Hemsworth, they would be good choices due to their rising status. Hemsworth will be well known with: Thor/Thor 2/The Avengers/SW&TH and Kinnaman from tv and Arthur & Lancelot.

After Prometheus, Scott has a short list of movies he could direct next, these include Gucci, Child 44 and the Gertrude Bell biopic. No mention of the Blade Runner sequel. The list could change on how Prometheus does, but we won't know til June 2012 so I would imagine he will start one of these 3 first then either do Blade Runner or Prometheus 2 and then the other.On Prometheus 2:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/angelina-jolie-eyes-iraq-pioneer-263168

Every studio does that these days.. Its just in case so they are ready to make it 2 years apart..If they really belived it they could do like sony regarding TASM..

85/325/550/875.That prediction is just as ridiculous as Fox already declaring a sequel where we have no idea how the first film is going to do. I think the film looks great, but I could really see it being closer to a cult hit than an out and out blockbuster.

85/325/550/875.That prediction is just as ridiculous as Fox already declaring a sequel where we have no idea how the first film is going to do. I think the film looks great, but I could really see it being closer to a cult hit than an out and out blockbuster.

Is that your prediction or is that from somewhere else?

I hope David the android (Fass) lives or at least we see another David in the sequel. His role is said to be the juiciest.I think that Shaw (Rapace) lives. One chick always does in horror movies. That`s,like, a rule.

Alien and Aliens had different androids, I could see Ash being introduced or an earlier model. We are missing a C name, maybe Cain.BTW what did you think of my actor picks.

Alien and Aliens had different androids, I could see Ash being introduced or an earlier model. We are missing a C name, maybe Cain.

That` s a great observation! A-sh, B-ishop, ????, D-avid. Any character in the movie named C who could be the evil model?BTW, what was Winona`s name in Resurrection? She was an android.

BTW what did you think of my actor picks.

It`s more in line with this movie casting than with old Alien movies. Original Alien didn`t have stars (Weaver became after) so eevryone was fair game. She was expected to live in Aliens but the rest of the cast weren`t big names. OTOH, Prometheus has names or recenetly hyped new names so your choices fall more into that line.Chastain can play the lead if she eats a sandwitch. I`m sorry but the chick is a skeleton. I wouldn`t believe her totin` a flamethrower which has to weight more than she.Jolie can only be a "Drew Barrymore in Scream"role to take people by surprise. Otherwise too destracting and predictable (ether lives or dies at the very end).Saldana is cool since these movies need more diversity and not just the token black guy or token black chick. Point to AvP for Sanaa Lathan casting.I don`t think Leo would happen cause he isn`t a franchiser. I do believe he`ll return to sci fi when something as challenging as Inception comes along.JGL for the lead. What, Alien movies can`t have a male lead? :P

Is that your prediction or is that from somewhere else?

It's mine but I was being facetious. We have no clue how good the first one is going to do. I think it's a tad silly to throw out a prediction at this juncture.

Ryder - Annalee Call

Could be that Scott is just following Alien, Aliens and Prometheus with this theory. Also did Alien3 have an android?

Chastain will have a role in Horizons so hopefully she beefs up for that.

Bishop returned briefly in Alien 3.

It's mine but I was being facetious. We have no clue how good the first one is going to do. I think it's a tad silly to throw out a prediction at this juncture.

Studios do this all the time announcing sequels before the first is out.

I think we can scrap Annalee. Resurrection is just a bad dream of the franchise that didn`t happen.So Ash, Bishop,David.I wish they explained why original alien loved the cat so much. Not overexplain but just kinda,you know. He basically died because of Jones.