Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

26 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Alien was scary, but that was when i was fucking 6. Audiences wouldnt be scared by Alien today, people arent as gullable now however films can still be intense.

When I watch Alien, Aliens, CONJ1 and CONJ2, I get scared of them in that order.

Come on guys seriously. Its like when you were young and your parents always said 'you can watch anything you like but never watch the exorcist" only to go againdt their word' watch it out of curiousity only to realise it isnt scary. What was scary back then isn't now

25 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Come on guys seriously. Its like when you were young and your parents always said 'you can watch anything you like but never watch the exorcist" only to go againdt their word' watch it out of curiousity only to realise it isnt scary. What was scary back then isn't now

Again it all depends on the person. I got freaked out watching the Conjuring or the Exorcist because things like possession do scare me.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

I wonder if the $111m figure is inclusive of the tax rebate they received for shooting in Aus. 

Prometheus' budget is listed at around $130m but that was made for closer to $150m including the money they received from tax incentives in the UK.

Aus Dollar almost lost 20% between 2014 and 2016 too, depending on when it was made and the expected exchange rate used it could create a nice rebate.

The planned tax rebate was of 47 million for Alien and Thor combined apparently.

• Like 1

8/10 
The last part is frustrating, but the movie is great! 
It's thrilling, good action, good actors and impressive filmmaking! 

+
David (& Walter) -> Great stuff. 
Visual -> Sets are crazy good, CGI pretty good, 
Music 
Thematics (superb work)
The ending 

-
Last part a little messy

7 hours ago, Jessie said:

Sorry but we all have human instincts, theres a big difference between being scared/shocked and being a dumb fuck

Yeah, sure.

http://www.retainedneonatalreflexes.com.au/reflexes/reflexes-fear-paralysis-reflex/

http://theconversation.com/paralysed-with-fear-why-do-we-freeze-when-frightened-60543

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201405/neuroscientists-discover-the-roots-fear-evoked-freezing

But I guess this whole science mumbo-jumbo doesn't mean shit to a tough guy like you.

Edited by incognitoo
  • Like 3

Seems like this franchise is getting gradually worse. Alien was an instant classic, the best of the franchise. Aliens equally good, both A+ masterpieces. Alien 3 was a couple of levels down, still really good flick. Alien 4 is easily the most underrated film of the franchise, a wee bit below A3. Prometheus was meh. Covenant is just awful apart from some entertaining moments.

Seeing this in IMAX in just a bit. Hoping it's a lot better then Prometheus...I revisited that last night and out of all the times I've seen it through the years, I probably liked it the least. At first I was like, this is better then I remember and then it nosedives when Idris Elba leaves his station to go with Weylands daughter. Bad writing decisions continue to bring it down from there.

Awesome score though.

Keeping expectations in check but still a lot more excited for this one then Guardians.