Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Ridley Scott - "It’s interesting to do a sequel because this leaves the door so open to some huge questions. The real question to me is – the more mankind discovers in science the more clear and helpful everything becomes, yet we’re very bad at managing ourselves. And one of the biggest problems in the world is what we call religion, it causes more problems than anything in the goddamn universe. Think about what’s happening now, all based on the very simple idea that a Muslim can’t live alongside a Catholic, or a Catholic can’t live alongside a Protestant…"

Lol HOLY FUCK. I agree with him 100%, but that sure is bold if he decides to tackle religion. I got a sense of that in Prometheus a bit, I say bring it on Ridley.

So a three parter sounds good enough?

I meant P2 as the sequel, but yeah there was talk of a trilogy. Maybe someone else can shed light on this. If P2 leaves it open-ended then a third would be needed, but if P2 closes it out and falls in to Alien it should be done. I think it can be done with this movie.

I meant P2 as the sequel, but yeah there was talk of a trilogy. Maybe someone else can shed light on this. If P2 leaves it open-ended then a third would be needed, but if P2 closes it out and falls in to Alien it should be done. I think it can be done with this movie.

Yeah same here. 4...that would be too much.

Lindelof:

If we’re fortunate enough to do a sequel to PROMETHEUS, it will tangentalize even further away from ALIEN. When you go to a concert, you want the Rolling Stones to play ‘Satisfaction.’ So Ridley gives us a little bit of the Spacey Jockey, but he’s also giving us the movie we all want to see.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/damon-lindelof-hints-what-prometheus-2-could-be/

Given its boxoffice results, a sequel will definitely happen. Plus Fox will LOVE to see the universe of Alien franchise getting expanded.

I only want to see this happen if Ridley Scott is directing. This thing could grow into something truly amazing and I don't wanna see some hack come in and fuck this up.

There's only 1 thing I want answered at some point: How the Weyland Corporation of Prometheus becomes the Weyland-Yutani of the Alien films. I want some awesome corporate backstabbing and manuvering showing how it happened.

What? Really?

Yes, really. The way Prometheus went with its mythology I'm not all that excited to learn more about the Engineers since unless Scott and Lindelof pull some crazy shit out of their asses we got the picture with them already. They created us, then turned into massive dicks and tried to kill us instead of popping in at Earth with their tech and going "Hey, this shit doesn't fly anymore."I'd rather we actually get pieces of information linking to Alien & co. that the trailers, marketing, Scott, etc essentially promised we'd get but really didn't at all. Plus, sci-fi corporate intrigue is more interesting and less overdone than sci-fi explanation of aliens meddling with human origins. Edited by 4815162342

There's only 1 thing I want answered at some point: How the Weyland Corporation of Prometheus becomes the Weyland-Yutani of the Alien films. I want some awesome corporate backstabbing and manuvering showing how it happened.

Theres only 1 thing I want to see in the Avatar sequel. Nuke the entire site from orbit, because it would be the only way be sure. :rolleyes: