Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Theres only 1 thing I want to see in the Avatar sequel. Nuke the entire site from orbit, because it would be the only way be sure. :rolleyes:

Very true. They nuke the Navi, they can waltz on in to strip-mine the joint.

We’ve seen the film which is about ‘ok, we’ve unleashed this creature’ and Prometheus is more about who made us, why did they make us and now this question of why do they want to destroy us? ... I know its obnoxious to say that you should see the movie a couple of times to really appreciate it but that is how the movie was designed – things that seem throwaway, for example when they do the carbon dating of the dead Engineer and realise that he’s been dead for two thousand years and you think ‘if two thousand years ago The Engineers decided to wipe us out what happened back then?’ Is there any correlation between what was happening on the Earth two thousand years ago and this decision? Could a sequel start in that time period and begin to contextualize what we did to piss these beings off? ... The new question is what did we do to make them want to kill us and Ridley wasn’t interested in answering that in this movie.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2012/06/07/prometheus-writer-damon-lindelof-talks-engineers-alien-family-tree-the-sequels-opening-scene/

I didn't see anything in there concrete about a sequel but it was a good read. Its clear the movie was just one big giant intentional head-fuck of ambiguity that gave us some of the most hysterical reviews I've ever seen since Transformers 2, the difference being that Transformers 2 was made for people with down syndrome and aspergers. This isn't in there, but Ridley Scott even said, "The opening scene is not necessarily Earth. It just illustrates that the Engineers kickstart life on planets which have the potential to support it, while introducing the theme of creation through destruction. You are meant to at least conclude that something very similar occurred on Earth though" Lol omg, that right there changes the whole movie pretty drastically.I hope a sequel gets made. It could be about virtually anything. Edited by Shpongle

I didn't see anything in there concrete about a sequel but it was a good read. Its clear the movie was just one big giant intentional head-fuck of ambiguity that gave us some of the most hysterical reviews I've ever seen since Transformers 2, the difference being that Transformers 2 was made for people with down syndrome and aspergers. This isn't in there, but Ridley Scott even said, "The opening scene is not necessarily Earth. It just illustrates that the Engineers kickstart life on planets which have the potential to support it, while introducing the theme of creation through destruction. You are meant to at least conclude that something very similar occurred on Earth though" Lol omg, that right there changes the whole movie pretty drastically.I hope a sequel gets made. It could be about virtually anything.

Didn't either but its in the headline. I also quoted were the sequel could've been mentioned. Do you see anything on the opening sequence?

As much fun as The Adventures of Noomi and Robo-Fassbender's Head Through The Galaxy sounds, I don't have much faith in the project.

As long as Lindelof is not on board its fine, I hope he brings on Fancher or Peoples. Edited by Neo

"Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are (...) talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. "

Read: he is being held at gunpoint by disgruntled fans.

I hope anyone who gets the job will go for all-out hilarity and nonsense because any attempt to salvage this trainwreck is doomed from the outset.

"Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are (...) talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. "

Read: he is being held at gunpoint by disgruntled fans.

I hope anyone who gets the job will go for all-out hilarity and nonsense because any attempt to salvage this trainwreck is doomed from the outset.

Lindelof said he probably wouldn't come back for the sequel even before release. And I find it funny people who were expecting something else are blaming Lindelof. He was nothing more than a "yes man" on Prometheus. Ridley Scott had full control on this and had the final say on everything. He was also the one that initially decided not to persue the Alien prequel, Lindelof had nothing to do with the decision. I hope Prometheus 2 moves even further away from Alien to piss these fuckheads off even more. It doesn't even matter if Lindelof comes back, Scott has said he already has an overall road map for it. Edited by Shpongle

I do wonder why all the blame is going to Lindelof for Prometheus. With Scott's recent track record I hardly think his hands are clean.

Robin Hood was he only bad one. Body of Lies wasn't his best, but was good. American Gangster was fantastic never watched A Good Year, KoH the director's cut was the way to go. He had 3 great movies from 2000-2001. He is not perfect but much better than most A-list directors. Edited by Neo
  • Like 2