Orestes

Marvel's Luke Cage | Netflix | Season 2 Available NOW!

Mike Colter is Luke Cage. He'll show up first in Jessica Jones.

Official:

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that Mike Colter will star as Luke Cage in "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following "Marvel's Daredevil."

During the course of an investigation in New York City, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage – a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica in ways she could never have imagined.

Colter will star opposite Krysten Ritter, who plays the title role in “Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones.”

“Mike embodies the strength, edge and depth of Luke Cage,” said Executive Producer/Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg. “We're excited to have him bring this iconic Marvel character to life.”

"Fans have longed to see Luke Cage and in Mike we’ve found the perfect actor,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel's Head of Television. "Viewers will get to meet Luke Cage in ‘Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones,’ and experience why he is such an important super hero in the Marvel mythos.”

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Not to take anything away from Mike Colter but I was holding my breath for Terry Crews as Luke Cage. I wish Mike the best and have thought for a while now he's gonna blow up big time. He's got blinding charisma shining from that smile of his and I'll be watching him with bells on. I'm just a little sad though because TC has always been one of my all time favorite actors. When he comes on the screen I just smile from ear to ear. You'll never see another actor having so much fun doing his job.

I thought for sure it would be him. To me he's the physical embodiment of Luke Cage. 

Oh well. We'll get'em next time TC.

• Like 1

Not to take anything away from Mike Colter but I was holding my breath for Terry Crews as Luke Cage. I wish Mike the best and have thought for a while now he's gonna blow up big time. He's got blinding charisma shining from that smile of his and I'll be watching him with bells on. I'm just a little sad though because TC has always been one of my all time favorite actors. When he comes on the screen I just smile from ear to ear. You'll never see another actor having so much fun doing his job.

I thought for sure it would be him. To me he's the physical embodiment of Luke Cage. 

Oh well. We'll get'em next time TC.

I think it was an age issue with Crews. If he were younger he would've been great. Plus, isn't he on another show? Not sure when they're shooting this, but there might be scheduling conflicts, too.

• Like 1

I think it was an age issue with Crews. If he were younger he would've been great. Plus, isn't he on another show? Not sure when they're shooting this, but there might be scheduling conflicts, too.

Yeah, not only is Crews to old, but him being on Brooklyn 99 hurt his chances to.

Yeah, not only is Crews to old, but him being on Brooklyn 99 hurt his chances to.

I know he's no spring chicken like Michael B. Jordon (LOL/JK) but I don't know that they are doing an origin story. I don't think Terry is too old play Luke Cage at some later part of his life. Terry's not exactly using a walker. The dude's in supreme shape. 

But it's all a moot point now. I didn't really expect him to be Luke Cage. I never heard or read any articles about him being a serious contender for it. It was just a pipe dream of a TC fan.

Didn't see this coming so soon. Misty Knight has been cast, Simone Missick is playing the part. Thought they might save her for Iron Fist.

I’ve learned that Simone Missick has landed the younger female lead opposite Mike Colter, Alfre Woodard and Theo Rossi in the third series in Marvel’s four-series package for Netflix.

Edited by Orestes

Could be they accelerated Misty's intro seeing how DC is already launching its own Vixen series. Seeing how Cage and Fist have their own solo shows, a WOC Heroes for Hire show starring Misty Knight and Elektra would be wonderful (with Night Nurse as support obviously).

Edited by Spidey Freak

Latino Review @LRNews 12 mins12 minutes ago

Frank Whaley Joins The Cast of Marvel’s 'Luke Cage' http://www.latino-review.com/news/frank-whaley-joins-the-cast-of-marvels-luke-cage  #LukeCage

COjAT4lWcAAUErI.jpg

Variety @Variety Sep 4

Netflix & Marvel’s #LukeCage has cast its Cottonmouth http://bit.ly/1OdovkR 

COBVU2TUkAAdEYW.jpg

Marvel’s Luke Cage” has tapped “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” star Mahershala Ali to play Cornell “Cottonmouth

I enjoyed Daredevil but strangely enough, I'm also over it quickly. Loved Jessica Jones more so really looking forward to Luke Cage solo turn. Saw some set pics of Colter in suits, he looks incredible :wub:

This can't come soon enough.

Any updates on Iron Fist's show?

I've never really got Luke Cage, just not really that into the character, but he was decent enough in Jessica Jones and everything Netflix has done with marvel so far has been great, so this should be too. looking more forward to Iron Fist though.