Ezen Baklattan

Kubo & The Two Strings | 8/19/16 | LAIKA | Early Reviews are Very Positive

Definitely looks more in the family-friendly vein and certainly has creative visuals, but that trailer didn't impress me. Voice acting is wooden and the attempted humor falls extremely flat. Always been a problem with Laika and something that is going to continue holding them back against Disney and Pixar.

Edited by tribefan695

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Awards wise, I mean. As long as their films are as emotional distant as they are they're not going to achieve universal critical acclaim

Um... last I checked, Coraline and Paranorman had 90% and 87% respectively on RT. Does that not apparently count as 'universal critical acclaim'?

Anyway, fantastic trailer. I've actually been fairly down on Laika after Boxtrolls really disappointed me, but these last trailers reminded me why I liked them so much in the first place. Really looking forward to this.

Edited by rukaio101