Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

From BoxOffice.com

Universal Pictures International (UPI) has released Minions in Indonesia and Australia and early estimates show the animated film taking in $987,716 from 461 locations.

The film opened at #1 in Indonesia on Wednesday, 41% ahead of Despicable Me 2 and scored Universal's second biggest opening day behind Furious 7, but ahead of Jurassic World. It was also the country's biggest opening day for an animated film.

Minions bowed today in Australia and is pacing 32% ahead of Despicable Me 2. The film took second place behind Jurassic World which has grossed $15.89 million through Wednesday. 

Minions also opens today in Malaysia and Singapore and will open in 40 other international markets before its North American release on July 10.

• Like 3

From BoxOffice.com

Universal Pictures International (UPI) has released Minions in Indonesia and Australia and early estimates show the animated film taking in $987,716 from 461 locations.

The film opened at #1 in Indonesia on Wednesday, 41% ahead of Despicable Me 2 and scored Universal's second biggest opening day behind Furious 7, but ahead of Jurassic World. It was also the country's biggest opening day for an animated film.

Minions bowed today in Australia and is pacing 32% ahead of Despicable Me 2. The film took second place behind Jurassic World which has grossed $15.89 million through Wednesday. 

Minions also opens today in Malaysia and Singapore and will open in 40 other international markets before its North American release on July 10.

Such a powerful marketing by UPI! They triumphantly announces a less-than-1 million gross in two  markets: 461 locations means an average per screen of 2140$, (at least they can pay the guy who turn on the projector). With an average like this, JW would open with $ 9M in North America.

Btw I love the Minions.

Edited by edroger

From BoxOffice.com

That's amazing :)

$1b may be locked at this point.

1B is not locked yet by any means. Basically we dont have numbers fo the big markets.  Likely? Yes. To claim 1B is locked for any movie before the release doesnt make sense.

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

1B is not locked yet by any means. Basically we dont have numbers fo the big markets.  Likely? Yes. To claim 1B is locked for any movie before the release doesnt make sense.

Unless it is James Cameron movie  :P

Edited by Henry loves Dinos
  • Like 1

‘Minions’ Grabs $12M In Four Markets – Intl Box Office

UPDATED, Saturday, 9:00 AM: Minions bowed in four international markets this week and has so far collected $12M in 615 runs. The Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment animated film opened No. 1 everywhere except for Australia where it was No. 2 to Universal’s Jurassic World, which is on track stateside to gross around $100M+ for the weekend. In Malaysia, it not only opened to No. 1 but opened 72% bugger than Despicable Me 2 and logged the highest opening day of all time for an animated film in the country ahead of Kung Fu Panda and Toy Story 3. In Singapore, Minions debuted to a No. 2 slot behind Jurassic World, but opened 32% higher than DM2 which bowed on the same date in 2013.

Six more markets open next weekend: Brazil, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, and the U.K. and Ireland.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/minions-box-office-ahead-despicable-me-2-intl-box-office-1201448427/

Edited by abra
  • Like 2

UPDATED, Saturday, 9:00 AM: Minions bowed in four international markets this week and has so far collected $12M in 615 runs. The Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment animated film opened No. 1 everywhere except for Australia where it was No. 2 to Universal’s Jurassic World, which is on track stateside to gross around $100M+ for the weekend. In Malaysia, it not only opened to No. 1 but opened 72% bugger than Despicable Me 2 and logged the highest opening day of all time for an animated film in the country ahead of Kung Fu Panda and Toy Story 3. In Singapore, Minions debuted to a No. 2 slot behind Jurassic World, but opened 32% higher than DM2 which bowed on the same date in 2013.

Six more markets open next weekend: Brazil, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, and the U.K. and Ireland.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/minions-box-office-ahead-despicable-me-2-intl-box-office-1201448427/

Nice one!

I think it has a good shot at 1B and I won't say I won't cause Universal is on a roll this year, but remember Avengers 2 also opend +40% in a lot of markeds and it didn't do beter than the first one so..

I think it has a good shot at 1B and I won't say I won't cause Universal is on a roll this year, but remember Avengers 2 also opend +40% in a lot of markeds and it didn't do beter than the first one so..

AOU also had a much bigger rush factor than minions and was not nearly as well liked as the first film.

Because if you look at AoU's DOM, its only $450m compared to TA's $621m

UK will be huge next weekend.

From BoxOffice.com's Global Report

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Minions kicked-off with an estimated $12.3 million this week from 4 territories in the Asian-Pacific.  The film opened at #1 in Indonesia as the highest grossing opening weekend for an animated film and is tracking 55% ahead of Despicable Me 2. It also took the top spot in Malaysia and Singapore, where it opened 41% and 24% bigger the DM2 respectively. Minions placed behind Jurassic World in Australia.