grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

Huge fire on set 

http://nypost.com/2017/02/14/real-life-fire-drama-on-set-of-hugh-jackman-zac-efron-flick/

The dramatic final scene of a new flick starring Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron turned a little too real when an inferno broke out on its Brooklyn set, witnesses and fire officials said Tuesday.

Jackman was among the roughly 150 people on the Brooklyn Navy Yard set as “The Greatest Showman’s’’ climatic staged fire spiraled out of control, sources said.

In a Hollywood-worthy twist, five retired firefighters working as extras sprang into action, attaching prop hoses fitted with antique-style nozzles to nearby hydrants to try to battle the blaze until roughly 100 real-life Bravest rushed to the rescue, according to an FDNY source.

“The fire was tremendous,’’ a source said of the 5 a.m. Sunday blaze. “They used too much accelerant, and the whole building burnt down.’’

No one was injured in the blaze, authorities said.

It was unclear if Efron was there at the time. A rep would say only, “He’s not hurt.”

“The Greatest Showman” is a musical biopic about P.T. Barnum, creator of the Barnum & Bailey circus.

In its final scene, which is being staged in a specially constructed building, Jackman, who plays Barnum, carries Efron, his assistant, from a burning house. The firemen extras then place him on a stretcher.

But something went wrong with the pyrotechnics Sunday, and six large lights, used to intensify the glow of the blaze, fell from the roof of the building, sparking a much bigger fire than expected, sources said.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kowhite said:

Will we get to see when he first enslaved elephants?

Yes, will they show them catching elephants, separating them from their families, beating them, torturing them, using blow torches on their feet to make them stand on two feet, using bull hooks to make them docile, caging them and chaining them in closed and cramped quarters when they aren't working?

I will never see this film because it's going to show something that just isn't right.  You'll see a bunch of bullshit like how hard they had to work to make their dreams come true and blah blah blah and never will it show the blood and torture involved in making it all work.

Just now, hegemony said:

The real circus had to shut down because no one cares about the circus anymore. Studio is probably a bit worried about the BO for this. 

I'm sure this will be sold as a big, splashy, starry (Jackman! Williams! Efron!) period Christmas musical with awards aspirations (the La La Land guys are writing the songs for this) first and foremost. How much it does will depend on how it's received.

http://www.thewrap.com/hugh-jackmans-greatest-showman-footage-stuns-emotional-inclusive-musical-number/

Seven years in the making, and five consecutive musical workshops later, Hugh Jackman looks like he has a bona fide box office and awards hit with “The Greatest Showman.”

The triple-threat showed in person to the 20th Century Fox CinemaCon presentation to give a peek of his original musical based on the life and innovation of P.T. Barnum — the man behind the game-changing Barnum & Bailey Circus.

“I did not have this part in the bag just because I was a producer, I had to audition. My biggest competition was Chris Aronson,” Jackman joked of the 20th Century Fox Domestic Distribution chief who opened the show with a dance number.

Zac Efron, Zendaya and Michelle Williams star alongside Jackamn in the rags-to-riches story — Williams looked in her glory during a ballroom dance number with Jackman on an apartment rooftop.

Efron is back in his dancing shoes and head-over-heels for “Spider-Man: Homecoming”‘s ingenue, playing a shade closer to her glamorous real-life red carpet persona in dramatic gowns and full glam hair and makeup.

The script also has a big element of inclusiveness — Jackman’s Barnum recruits several circus performances of various sizes, afflictions and looks and makes them all stars. It has the empowering air of “American Horror Story: Freakshow” with none of the gross-out terror and doom.

It’s a pretty obvious winner, and well-earned labor of love for Jackman.

More to come…

Hopefully this trailer comes out soon but It's not coming out till Christmas so who knows 

Also I'm glad Zac Efron is doing something different besides a dumb comedy. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1