iceroll

Empire (Fox)

Empire just had the highest premiere for any show on Fox for years!

EwKF9u7.jpg

It actually grew from the American Idol lead-in.

That's a first.  Usually the following show drops off.  Fox should probably rest American Idol for a couple of years.  

colour me surprised this is actually pretty good !

the music in it is serious quality as oppose to fake run of the mill tracks to pass off as real songs within show reality but then i see tumberland is involved , i gotta say this has some serious potential for a major black cast show hmmmm 

i'm a fan of taraji and her hair so i'm def going to be enjoying this , yeah this is what you call a good pilot , set up lots of stuff for the future , surprising dept for 45 mn runtime ! lets hope it stays that way 

A FAMILY FACE-OFF ON AN ALL-NEW "EMPIRE" WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, ON FOX

Lucious must defend Empire's IPO launch after controversies arise around one of his artists being involved in a shooting, and Cookie proves to be invaluable by helping Lucious turn a crisis into a triumph. Competition between Lucious and Cookie heats up when Cookie hears of Lucious's plan to stage a huge performance for Hakeem – but not Jamal. Meanwhile, the police begin to investigate Bunkie's murder in the all-new "The Outspoken King" episode of EMPIRE airing Wednesday, Jan. 14 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (EMP-102)  (TV-14; D, L, S, V)  CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast:  Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, Taraji P. Henson as Cookie Lyon, Malik Yoba as Vernon Turner, Jussie Smollett as Jamal Lyon, Bryshere Gray as Hakeem Lyon, Trai Byers as Andre Lyon, Grace Gealey as Anika Gibbons, Kaitlin Doubleday as Rhonda Lyon and Rafael De La Fuentes as Michael Sanchez.

Guest Cast:  Gabourey Sidibe as Becky

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ON AN ALL-NEW "EMPIRE" WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, ON FOX

Naomi Campbell Guest-Stars

The Lyons head to Philadelphia and get a taste of what their life could have been if Lucious hadn't made it big. Lucious promotes Hakeem's new relationship with hip-hop star Tianna, but tensions rise when another woman tries to catch Hakeem's eye in the all-new "The Devil Quotes Scripture" episode of EMPIRE on Wednesday, Jan. 21 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (EMP-103)  (TV-14; D, L, S, V)  CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast:  Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, Taraji P. Henson as Cookie Lyon, Malik Yoba as Vernon Turner, Jussie Smollett as Jamal Lyon, Bryshere Gray as Hakeem Lyon, Trai Byers as Andre Lyon, Grace Gealey as Anika Gibbons, Kaitlin Doubleday as Rhonda Lyon and Rafael De La Fuentes as Michael Sanchez.

Guest Cast: 
Naomi Campbell as Camilla
Carol Hardaway as Tasha
Gabourey Sidibe as Becky
Ta'Rhonda Jones as Porsha
Serayah as Tiana Brown

Final ratings up to a 4.4 with 11.07 million viewers!

Very intrigued by Andre's wife. I guess they have an open marriage?

Glad that Jamal finally moved out. Sure, his dad should accept him but he doesn't have to foot the bill for your luxury apartment either way.

When will Luscious realize straight sons are far less stable than the gay one? Hakeem was just a fictionalized Bieber/Breezy before the Oedipal stuff with Naomi Campbell...  :blink:  but added a layer or two.

Cookie's newfound grudging respect for Anika had better not keep them from having at least one good old-fashioned soap opera catfight...

Edited by BoxOfficeChica