Fancyarcher

American Made | 9/29/2017

That metascore is worrying. i fell like this movie is trying to imitate scorsese, but we've seen this type of movie too many times before and probably done better like Wolf of wall street., American Hustle.  recently it reminds me of War Dogs. I think people are tired of this type of story, its not very original. I predict mediocre reviews and box office.

It's based on a true story where the character goes from poor to rich by doing illegal stuff and it's presented with comedic touches. we've had plenty of these movies. it feels derivative. we shall see how it's executed, but from reading the reviews it doesn't seem theyve done a good job

Edited by Alli

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

It's based on a true story where the character goes from poor to rich by doing illegal stuff and it's presented with comedic touches. we've had plenty of these movies. it feels derivative. we shall see how it's executed, but from reading the reviews it doesn't seem theyve done a good job

I want you and @HesAPooka to share a room for one night. You two would not make it out alive :lol: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Cool that reviews aren't that bad. Hopefully it performs very well too. It still looks like a decently fun film.

I want to see it because it's Cruise doing something a bit different from his action roles and I'm a sucker for films that are based on a true story

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I want to see it because it's Cruise doing something a bit different from his action roles and I'm a sucker for films that are based on a true story

It looks like could be a good time too. I'd hope for Cruise to do something a bit more "serious", but this will do for now. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'd like to see him do a drama or another comedy role. 

I'd like to see him step out of his comfort zone too. It's been years since he's done something like Collateral or Magnolia for example. I'd really like to see him challenge himself, even if he's comfortable with the "man on the run" type flicks he does.

• Like 1