Fancyarcher

American Made | 9/29/2017

So looks like Georgia gives some pretty big tax credits to the film industry so if the 80m budget is what the budget is before credit the actual budget is probably closer to 55-65m which seems a lot more likely.

Same thing happened with Jack Reacher Never Go Back last year where the initial reported budget was 90+ but after tax credit from Louisiana it came down to 60m.

5 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

American Made is currently at 40/100 on Critics' Choice. 

I doubt it will be as poorly received as The Mummy, but temper your expectations as it may very well be mediocre.

http://www.criticschoice.com/search/?s=american+made

That's another movie called American Made Movie.  Anyway, don't expect much from AM either. It had screenings already

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alli said:

That's another movie called American Made Movie.  Anyway, don't expect much from AM either. It had screenings already

Well, I'll be damned. You're right.

I'm going to retract my previous statement and reserve judgment until reputable critics see the film.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EscObAR123 said:

Cruise badly needs this to be good to recover from the last two turkeys.

He still has 2 franchise title with a release date to recover even if that one fail with MI-6 and Top Gun 2, that an advantage actor have over director in that regard.

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

Apparently the problem with it was no one sympathized with the character. That's why they went and shot an additional 2-3 minute scene to tackle on to the beginning.

7 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Apparently the problem with it was no one sympathized with the character. That's why they went and shot an additional 2-3 minute scene to tackle on to the beginning.

There was another guy on imdb message board before they closed who saw it and he gave it a 5/10. and he enjoyed Pasengers giving it an 8 i think. this is troubling.

anyway, we'll see if we get any reactions monday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

There was another guy on imdb message board before they closed who saw it and he gave it a 5/10. and he enjoyed Pasengers giving it an 8 i think. this is troubling.

anyway, we'll see if we get any reactions monday.

Did he call it "ugly looking" I think I saw the same post a year ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao @ judging the quality of the movie from 2 early screenings from 2 anonymous users.

didn't you say the same when initial reports that The mummy sucks were coming ?? 

I think these early screenings are valuable. they did have reshoots on the movie. proof that something wasn't working