Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

I am not going to predict all of them, but I am going to list 3 surprises I think will get nominated and comeback here next year and see if I am right.

They are:

- Star Wars: The Force Awakens

- Inside Out

- In the Heart of the Sea

Let's see if any make it. :lol:

• Like 7

I am not going to predict all of them, but I am going to list 3 surprises I think will get nominated and comeback here next year and see if I am right.

They are:

- Inside Out

The Avengers 2 while we are at it ;)

• Like 1

They are:

- Inside Out

As far as this category goes I bet Inside Out and Good Dinosaur split the votes and neither get in.

With Lego Movie's snub I've just about lost all drive to pull for any specific films at the Oscars.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

As far as this category goes I bet Inside Out and Good Dinosaur split the votes and neither get in.

With Lego Movie's snub I've just about lost all drive to pull for any specific films at the Oscars.

Amen, I've already declared 2014 a wash and am just hoping for some hilarious upsets to get some entertainment

• Like 1

I just expect Inside Out to be Up level great since it is Pete Doctor. I think it could get in. Good Dinosaur I think will only be A Bug's Life level great.
  • Like 1

If The Other Side of the Wind makes it's release date for being the 100th anniversary of Orson Welles, it may be unstoppable at next years awards.  We already saw with the Artist how nostalgic the academy can be, now take that and give the story, "Orson Welles' last movie he never finished, after over 30 years of work, lack of budget and support, and issues over rights, the film is finally being released on May 6th, the day of his 100th birthday."

Especially since the Academy may feel they need to pay their dues to Welles for ignoring Citizen Kane, even booing when it won screenplay, and never awarding Welles with a directing Oscar.

• Like 1

Roughly in order of what sounds most likely:

Silence

The Revenant

Spielberg's Cold War Thriller

The Hateful Eight

Everest

Icon

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

In the Heart of the Sea

Joy (though if this is Russell's same shtick I think they will tire of it this time)

Edited by MovieMan89

I'm fairly certain it's gonna be a Cranston vs. DiCaprio race next year

I don't think they would give the win to John Huston, especially since DiCaprio is overdue, but given the academy loves to snub DiCaprio I could totally see John Huston winning for The Other Side of The Wind as a post-humorous acting win.

• Like 1