kayumanggi

Terminator Genisys | 350.8 M overseas | 440.6 M worldwide

Terminator: Genisys grossed $4.8 million this weekend across 64 territories, lifting the international cume to $230 million and worldwide total to $317.65 million. Japan earned $1.3 million for $19.6 million after a month in release, and Germany made $550K for $8.8 after 4 weekends. China opens on August 23. http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-08-02-global-report-mi5-kicks-off-to-121m-worldwide-49-ahead-of-ghost-protocol-pixels-freezes-in-second-frame-chinas-monster-hunt-still-on-the-prowl-nearing-300m

Looks like it'll be passing $240 million overseas but whether it can top Salvation's $246 million I'm not sure.

With Obon coming up in Japan we could see 5-8 mill in Japan alone..

But yeah. 16 mill more is a streach

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TERMINATOR: GENISYS: $234.0M Overseas Total / $322.496M Global Total <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TerminatorGenisys?src=hash">#TerminatorGenisys</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href="

9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I still belive 425-450 mill will happen WW

If it does that then they should do a sequel. If they improve the quality this franchise can come back strongly. $400M+ WW when it has bad reviews shows there's a lot of boxoffice potential if they tried harder. I personally enjoyed the movie and didn't think it deserved all the hate.

I think you can view the pre-sale number now at gewara.com.cn. (I entered Terminator Genisys and then clicked on it. Then there is an eye sign and besides is a ticket sign.)

Current presale number is 1587. Not bad with still one week to go no? At least I remember The Expendables 3 to be at only 277 sold tickets 4 or 5 days before the release date (but then it improved very much).

I think you can view the pre-sale number now at gewara.com.cn. (I entered Terminator Genisys and then clicked on it. Then there is an eye sign and besides is a ticket sign.)

Current presale number is 1587. Not bad with still one week to go no? At least I remember The Expendables 3 to be at only 277 sold tickets 4 or 5 days before the release date (but then it improved very much).

TG vs JW

1587-2020

• Like 1

TG vs JW

1587-2020

Now that would be great. I mean if it would follow JW's run (230+M). :D Of course I doubt it. ;)

The presale number is now 2605 which means it sold around 1000 tickets over the last 24h. So it's almost impossible that it does not reach the necessary 10.000 tickets mark. And I'm really curious about the presale numbers on Thursday/Friday.

Maybe it helps that TG is the first big Hollywood movie after the protection month.

Update: 5679 now. 3000 tickets sold in 24h. :)

Update 2: More than 10.000 now (10.631). 5000 sold in 24h. Will this continue?

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1