kayumanggi

Terminator Genisys | 350.8 M overseas | 440.6 M worldwide

I have no way to put that number in context and tell if it's good or not.  :lol:

As far i can see, it hasn't been released in big countries yet. So it's only the smaller ones first.

But i think it will clean up in China...when we get to it. :P

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Yes, seems to be a quite nice start. Of course not yet very significant. I looked at BOM what TS did in these countries on its first weekend - 5.2M. Of course TG had also previews. But nevertheless TG is in front so far.

For T3 too many numbers are missing to make a comparison.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

From BO

Terminator: Genisys opened to $8.3 million from 1,277 screens in 10 smaller territories ahead of its US debut. Paramount’s sequel opened at #1 in Singapore ($1.4 million on 28 screens), Colombia ($1.2 million on 162 screens), Peru ($881K on 85 screens), Vietnam ($694K on 69 screens), Turkey ($578K on 309 screens). Genisys expands to 34 more territories next weekend including Australia, Brazil, France, Mexico, Russia, and the UK/Ireland.

• Like 4

Deadline:
Ahead of its U.S. debut, the latest chapter in the Terminator franchise, Terminator: Genisys, grossed $8.3M from 1,277 locations in 10 smaller territories this weekend. The start is 29% above 2009’s Terminator: Salvation and 6% below Mission; Impossible – Ghost Protocol. This initial rollout included some Scandinavian markets as well as Latin American and Asian territories.

A strong start and a reminder of the franchise's potential overseas.

• Like 3

That's some bad numbers.

Yes, T5 increased in every market compared to T4, superficially that's good, but when you take into account that T4 was the low point of the franchise, that it didn't have 3D, and didn't have 6 years of inflation, you see that the increases weren't good.

Plus, T5 increase over T4 didn't follow the Box Office growth in none of those countries.

In Turkey, T4 was the 18th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 26th biggest OW of 2014.

In Singapore, T4 was the 9th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 10th biggest OW of 2014.

In Colombia, T4 was the 11th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 14th biggest OW of 2014.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

300m overseas combined with a little over 100m domestically. So a little over 400m worldwide. Enough to make a profit likely but enough to make a sequel? I don't know.

If the 300 mill OS includes 100-120 mill from China the sequels are in big trouble..

Big big trouble. Then 150-200 mill needs to happen DOM

300m overseas combined with a little over 100m domestically. So a little over 400m worldwide. Enough to make a profit likely but enough to make a sequel? I don't know. 

Annie with a shotgun always opens well. Spectacular? Maybe not

That's some bad numbers.

Yes, T5 increased in every market compared to T4, superficially that's good, but when you take into account that T4 was the low point of the franchise, that it didn't have 3D, and didn't have 6 years of inflation, you see that the increases weren't good.

Plus, T5 increase over T4 didn't follow the Box Office growth in none of those countries.

In Turkey, T4 was the 18th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 26th biggest OW of 2014.

In Singapore, T4 was the 9th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 10th biggest OW of 2014.

In Colombia, T4 was the 11th biggest OW of 2009, T5 would be the 14th biggest OW of 2014.

Nice of spinning these good numbers. Facts are Salvation cost 45 million more to make. So if Terminator Genisys is making that much more, well that is a good thing. Edited by gb0708