kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION | 487.7 M overseas ● 682.7 M worldwide

its not doing franchise best everywhere. Even Korea it has dropped form MI4. OS minus China below MI4 is definitely not great considering how much the OS markets have expanded. Just look at how some of the recent blockbusters like Furious 7, Jurassic World or Minions did. Minions increased quite a bit despite having way worse exchange rate than DM2.

That said I am not saying numbers are bad. Just that legs have been unimpressive and some of the key growth markets in Latin America have ignored this franchise despite generally supporting action movies.

You do realize that the 2 films MI5 went up against in South Korea were monsters at the box office right?  The fact that this film grossed $40 M against them is pretty good actually IMO.  I think you are also forgetting that MI4 was a holiday movie - those have legs forever if they are good!  As for FF7 - that was all Paul Walker & nobody will convince me otherwise.  Jurassic World, having just seen it I honestly have no idea why that is making so much bank - I found it rather ridiculous but obviously the rest of the world doesn't think so.  Latin America - they have different taste is all I can say but yes they don't seem to flock to Tom's movies.  I honestly don't get the complaining - it's not like it is bombing around the world.  I think some people just like to complain or be disappointed - I'm not one of them.

• Like 2

You do realize that the 2 films MI5 went up against in South Korea were monsters at the box office right? The fact that this film grossed $40 M against them is pretty good actually IMO. I think you are also forgetting that MI4 was a holiday movie - those have legs forever if they are good! As for FF7 - that was all Paul Walker & nobody will convince me otherwise. Jurassic World, having just seen it I honestly have no idea why that is making so much bank - I found it rather ridiculous but obviously the rest of the world doesn't think so. Latin America - they have different taste is all I can say but yes they don't seem to flock to Tom's movies. I honestly don't get the complaining - it's not like it is bombing around the world. I think some people just like to complain or be disappointed - I'm not one of them.

MI5 is doing awesome. Especially for a film that was moved up 6 months and had a rushed ad campaign. Having said that, many expected it to increase overseas minus China (myself included) but in retrospect, that may have not been realistic. Still a great performance regardless.

• Like 6

Re: OS number

Where do you get the rest of the 232M from??

MI5 might make 35-40 mn from the current markets....may be he is expecting it to overperform in China...

the last one made 101mn back in 2012....it is reasonable to expect that MI5 will make atleast 150...

and it is actually a good movie...hell even a shitbag mov like T5 is going to make 120mn in CN.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation grossed $15.3 million (-39%) from 64 overseas markets. The Tom Cruise-led action film is at $309.0 million overseas and $479.387 millionworldwide. Greece opened this frame on top with $279K from 65 locations. Holdovers include Japan ($2.3M/$31.9M cume), France ($2.4M/$16.5M cume), Brazil ($1.2M/$7.9M cume), Italy ($885K/$4.0M cume), UK/Ireland ($1.2M/$29.0M cume), Germany ($920K/$11.1M cume), South Korea ($544K/$41.1M cume). China releases on September 8.

• Like 2

Looking good for 750m.

Don't think so, too high. Current market incl. domestic will do $60M more, and that will put it at $530M.

Unless China go crazy, Mi5 will do $150M optimistically and WW will settle at $680M.

Still an incredible number for No.5 in a 20-year old franchise.