kayumanggi

THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 209.1 M overseas | 332.2 M worldwide

I want it to surprise us, going beyond $1B

My theory is that there are two factors:

Pre-release buzz influences opening weekend

WOM influences the rest of the run.

I don't feel like it has enough buzz in enough countries to have sufficiently high openings that will then propel it to $1B (assuming WOM is really really good).

My theory is that there are two factors:

Pre-release buzz influences opening weekend

WOM influences the rest of the run.

I don't feel like it has enough buzz in enough countries to have sufficiently high openings that will then propel it to $1B (assuming WOM is really really good).

Pre-release buzz influences opening weekend: more important for sequels, it also depends by the strenght of marketing.

WOM influences the rest of the run: is very important for originals, especially when it is followed by the "self-promotion" on social media (as happened for the Frozen soundtrack on YouTube)

TGD could have a similar prelease buzz of IO but I think it won't have the same WOM. I Predict 300+400=700

TGD could have a similar prelease buzz of IO but I think it won't have the same WOM. I Predict 300+400=700

That number would be quite impressive imo. Although tbh, given inflation, $700M should be the minimum target.

Edited by Quigley

If this is IO-level good...I see this making more than IO overseas...

Apart from Cars franchise...this is most kid friendly pixar movie in forever

Just for movies not toys, NEMO is more attractive than others Edited by BOOOOB

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I will make a crazy prediction about The Good Dinosaur : it will reach $1B WW :wub: I know it's quite unlikely but I REALLY believe in its potential :wub:

Play big or go home. I think it has a chance too.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2015, 6:57:48, Fullbuster said:

I will make a crazy prediction about The Good Dinosaur : it will reach $1B WW :wub: I know it's quite unlikely but I REALLY believe in its potential :wub:

I mean if someone had said that for Frozen before its release, I would've called them crazy. As much as I want TGD to reach a billion, I'm still calling you crazy. There is no way this will come close to a billion.

3 hours ago, quigquag33 said:

I mean if someone had said that for Frozen before its release, I would've called them crazy. As much as I want TGD to reach a billion, I'm still calling you crazy. There is no way this will come close to a billion.

Why not? IO got pretty close from it, if TGD can breakthrough in Japan/China (it has more potential in these countries) then it would just needs to have IO numbers elsewhere.

• Like 1

I can see a fall in some countries compared to inside out, but with better results in japan and china, achieving a total close to inside out (OS, US and WW).

If the film is really exceptional as I believe it is, i would not be surprised if in addition to increase in Japan and China, he also grew up in the same markets compared to inside out, exceeding the billion.

• Like 2

Hype is non-existent. In NA it could do 200/250, OS it will probably lose 20%+ from Inside Out. And with the bad exchange rate we're experiencing these days, 350M OS (assuming China and Japan deliver modest numbers) wouldn't be bad.