Jandrew

Back To the Past: Jandrew Gets Cultured. Maltese Falcon, Arsenic, Blair Witch, etc.

Tootsie. I hated it. Why? Bill Murray. I cant stand anything he does. Im literally the ONLY person in this city that hasnt seen him around and it makes me mad to the point where I just dont want to look at him period.

Im kidding, it annoys me, but I loved Tootside. 4-4 1/2 stars. Hail Hoffman. Dude shines in everything I see him in. It was pretty funny and all around well made. The "Susan thinks Im gay, Julie thinks im a lesbian, Leslie wants me to marry him" bit had me rolling. Very well written script. I wanted to see a conclusion to Susan's arc after he revealed himself, and I wouldve liked to see Bill Murray do something other than sit around. I also wouldve liked to see him stayimg on show, with everyone loving his reveal, but the ending we got was fine.

I really feel like Tootsie will grow on me even more. I think its the best comedy Ive seen since I started this and its something I'd definately watch again. Just like Truman Show and Groundhog Day, it came out of nowhere surprising me. Thanks Tele for the recommend, Im glad I was able to find it online.

Which In Laws are you watching?  The first with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin is by far the better of the two.

Lol so people really do read the title. The orginal In-Laws, I didnt know there was a remake.

• Like 4

Shes All That: typical, predictable, and if youve seen Not AnotherTeen Movie before this, then youre not missjng much. But at the same time it had chemistry and charm and certain wit to it. That cast was something. It was like watching a last decade MTV episode, but it was an alright episode.

Aristocats: took a bit to get started, but it was cute. It was weird, the movie was getting good and then it started to decline, and then it picked back up, and then declined, and picked back up. It was a see-saw, but alright.

Watching In Laws on TCM at 9. Have no idea how I fit this many movies into today. I could fit in 2 more but I need a breather.

Well, get on that. It's one of the all time greats.

Youre lucky, I found it online. Ill check it out in the couple of days.

• Like 1

In Laws was pretty good. I didnt have as much fun with it as I wanted to as a whole. Once they got Tiuanna or Tampona or whatever, things started to decline, but it was still enjoyable. I really had a good time with Alan Arkin and it was cool seeing him with hair. But yeah the island scenes werent as good and by that point a tad repetitive, but it was still a fun movie and the NY and jet scenes were an A.

I think Im done with movies for tonight, I need to breathe. Hopefully I should be able squeeze one in tomorrow, but I have a test Thursday so we'll see.

• Like 2

Figure you need a WTF palate cleanser. In honor of a recent watch on my part, and of Tele's 100 Favorites list, go with Dune. It's a complete mess with a whole host of issues, which makes it very interesting how you will receive it.

• Like 1

Figure you need a WTF palate cleanser. In honor of a recent watch on my part, and of Tele's 100 Favorites list, go with Dune. It's a complete mess with a whole host of issues, which makes it very interesting how you will receive it.

Think I found it on youtube. 2 hours?

Edited by Jandrew

Never heard of McWheeny...and ive already seen the prequels. Ima watch the originals in order, then maybe the prequels again. Maybe.

Im not completely oblivious to SW. To not have seen the originals, I still know a lot about it, and I even had a good bit of SW junk as a kid. Just never found a way to see the originals.

MI2...hmm, it was pretty silly, pretty dumb, pretty 1D. It was nowhere as enjoyable or good as MI1 or 4. Havent seen 3 yet. MI1 and 4 kept things smooth and steady, and really focused on the team, while this was Tom Cruise: The Movie, and just went balls out with nonsense. It felt kinda cheap at times, and its dated, more dated than the older MI1. MI1 and even 4 really felt like the creative time went "alright, how can we make a meaningful film?" while MI2's team went "alright, how can go full on Hollywood?" In MI1 and 4, there were explosions that actually had reasoning...here there was just explosions for the sake of explosions. Just made it boring.

Everyone was wasted really, except Cruise of course. What was even anybodys name? Thandie is fine as hell, but she wasnt the best actress. And the villain was just plain old annoying as hell, like damn he was written poorly. Mega douche from start to finish. Ive seen better villains in comedies. Ive heard MI3 is the weakest of the three? Well I hope not. Oh and the doves was just ridiculous, Jump Street did it better. Wasnt a fan of the direction or camerawork either, felt more like glitzy 2000's music video without the music.

Tonight, I want to see something alot older. Im thinking Move Over Darling or How To Steal A Million. Idk, something light thats good for bedtime.

• Like 1

Never heard of McWheeny...

Drew McWeeny was "Moriarty" on Ain't It Cool News. He writes for HitFix.com now, and the viewing order he popularized for his kids is 4-5-1-2-3-6.

Oh and the doves was just ridiculous, Jump Street did it better. Wasnt a fan of the direction or camerawork either, felt more like glitzy 2000's music video without the music.

Tonight, I want to see something alot older. Im thinking Move Over Darling or How To Steal A Million. Idk, something light thats good for bedtime.

MI2 is basically a weird Woo parody of himself. The doves are a trademark (wildly overdone here). Watch THE KILLERS or HARD-BOILED or even FACE/OFF to get a better sense of Woo-hem.

Have you seen SOME LIKE IT HOT (Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Marilyn Monroe)? IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (wild over-the-top comedy featuring a billion famous comedians)? A SHOT IN THE DARK (the second Pink Panther movie)?

All three are very funny and light.

• Like 1