kayumanggi

BABY DRIVER | Sony | From Director Edgar Wright | On Digital HD 9/12, DVD and Blu-Ray 10/10

1 hour ago, Lavochkin said:

Certified Fresh Baby!

TOMATOMETER 

98%
Average Rating: 8.3/10
Reviews Counted: 90
Fresh: 88
Rotten: 2

Critics Consensus: Stylish, exciting, and fueled by a killer soundtrack, Baby Driver hits the road and it's gone -- proving fast-paced action movies can be smartly written without sacrificing thrills.

I get to use this for the second time in 2 days. 

Gandalf gif!!!

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

• Like 1

This movie is breaking out. It's all anecdotal but 3 out of the 4 showings in my area were sold out for tonight and the 4th sold about 65% or so. 

I think WOM for this movie is gonna be insane. 

Either get on the hype train now or forever regret. ALL ABOARD!!! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

This movie is breaking out. It's all anecdotal but 3 out of the 4 showings in my area were sold out for tonight and the 4th sold about 65% or so. 

I think WOM for this movie is gonna be insane. 

Either get on the hype train now or forever regret. ALL ABOARD!!! 

Compared to Snatched, Bad Moms and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, how does this compare to their opening nights in terms of tickets sold?

Edited by BenedictL11

"Girls love it when you have some weird nerdy thing in your room. It makes you look less threatening, even though I’m, like, very threatening. I’m the most threatening guy ever"

"That's a hard question, man, but a good one. You know, it might be a weird actor thing, but I think of myself as a few different people. Like, I think of myself as Ansel — that's one person. And then I'm Ansel Elgort. That's another person. And then I'm Ansolo. So for Ansel, the best day of my life has been on the beach on Long Island with my family, totally chilling without a worry in the world. For Ansel Elgort, presenting at the Oscars was pretty sick. For Ansolo, I was so excited when Steve Angello, my favorite DJ, played my song "Totem" for the first time. I started crying. Then when I heard he was going to sign it to his label, I was freaking out."

"LaGuardia is a wonderful, wonderful place. If you're like me and you love dancers, you just have to walk up to the eighth floor and you can get one."

“Sometimes I think, Wait, am I a little bit cocky? But I’ve worked really hard. I’ve never taken time off from being an actor. This is the kind of career I’d be so happy to do until I die. I always joke to myself that I want to have a postmortem Academy Award nomination.”

:wacko::unsure::sparta:

11 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

Compared to Snatched, Bad Moms and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, how does this compare to their opening nights in terms of tickets sold?

At my theater? It's definitely in the Bad Moms range. Though I don't know if that's a fair comparison because this is opening on a Tuesday night but I wouldn't be shocked at a Bad Mom's type run where the movie breaks out throughout the weekend. It's selling way way better than Snatched and Mike and Dave Need Wedding dates. 

Again this is just anecdotal from the theaters around me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

SP's luster has really dimmed now for film buffs, hasn't it?

There was a lot of surface appeal in the premise and style but the movie itself just felt so lifeless, imo.

It's my favorite Edgar Wright :)

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

SP's luster has really dimmed now for film buffs, hasn't it?

There was a lot of surface appeal in the premise and style but the movie itself just felt so lifeless, imo.

I don't think that's true. Judging by the film polls of the best films of the decade by fandor and the AV Club in 2015, the movie has gained in support. It placed in the top 40 of both lists.