kayumanggi

PITCH PERFECT III | 12.22.17 | Universal | trailer 1 on page 8

Finally got around to watching this trailer for PP3.

This was/is one of those films I never saw in the theater. I saw it cause my wife had it when we got married. 

Watched it one night with her and thought it was great. When the sequel came out in '15 I didn't see it then either, it was my wife and her friends version of the the sic-fi or CBM outing like I have with my fellows. However, once it was on BluRay and my wife came home with it, I watched it and found the sequel PP2 to be very enjoyable.

It wasn't till the last two pages of this thread that I discovered some animosity towards it.

That trailer has me scratching my head at what the plot to this is film is ultimately about. The Barden Bella Alums are going to do a USO tour with some actual musicians and it turns into a contest (cause you know, formula)? I don't instantly get the same sense of intrigue for PP3 as I did when I saw the trailer for PP2. It seemed to be a trailer full of too many stingers and contain no sense of direction.

Intresting that Ruby Rose is once again cast in a sequel this year. She is the queen of sequels this year: RE6, XxX:3, John Wick 2 and now this. Kinda bummed she wasn't in Underworld 5 and won't be in Kingsman 2 LOL!!

So where did that new girl go? I didn't see her in the trailer, and they made her seem like she was about to become a staple character in the second film... I am glad she is gone, I am was not a huge fan of her, or that song they tried to make happen... flashlight is never gonna happen. 

I loved the first, the second was fine, but not great. I really hope this is on par with the first.

Just now, Kalderic said:

So where did that new girl go? I didn't see her in the trailer, and they made her seem like she was about to become a staple character in the second film... I am glad she is gone, I am was not a huge fan of her, or that song they tried to make happen... flashlight is never gonna happen. 

@WrathOfHan is coming for you.

16 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

I loved the first, the second was fine, but not great. I really hope this is on par with the first.

tumblr_oac2koiYgm1txeyiao9_r1_250.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

Well, Flashlight was actually a hit, lol. It went platinium in OZ/Europe. The only place where it flopped was NA.