kayumanggi

THE CIRCLE | 04.28.17 | STX | current gross ● 11.70 M

I don't see this missing 10M regardless of reviews. Watson is basically at an all time high after Beauty, Hanks is still somewhat of a draw at times, and the trailers have been played very often at theatres.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I don't see this missing 10M regardless of reviews. Watson is basically at an all time high after Beauty, Hanks is still somewhat of a draw at times, and the trailers have been played very often at theatres.

Emma fans can still watch her in B&B instead and Hank fans can watch one of his numerous good or excellent films on video and wait for his next movie.  His fans are also more review reliant.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

But why watch Emma Watson in this movie when you can still watch her in BATB? 

Just because reviews for this havent come out yet doesn't mean it will be terrible BUT I know absolutely no one who has mentioned this film or talked about wanting to watch it. Of course that's anecdotal evidence. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I'm sure she will feel better after her daily money swim.

Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716

If I were to be an actor or actress in Hollywood, I would want to be Emma Watson. All the royalties she gets from HP and all the royalties she will get from BATB. Girl is set. 

53 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Emma fans can still watch her in B&B instead and Hank fans can watch one of his numerous good or excellent films on video and wait for his next movie.  His fans are also more review reliant.

I think so, and they are getting older (so he is a perfect combo with Watson to broading the appeal if the movie would have been good) and this movie seem like a hard sale for the baby boomers and target a younger audience than the usual Hanks movie. Like say Sully, Captain Philips and is other blockbuster.

The other movie being very recent (in this case still in theater) is also an element, Hanks last year achieved to open only one of is 3 movie, it is not easy to open 2 movie in a short window.

• Like 1

Reviews will come out after the Tribeca premiere tomorrow. 

LA Times prediction 

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-circle-20170424-htmlstory.html

"EuropaCorp and STX Entertainment’s “The Circle,” based on the 2013 Dave Eggers novel about a powerful Internet company, is expected to collect a moderate $10 million to $12 million Friday through Sunday in the U.S. and Canada, according to people who have reviewed pre-release audience surveys....

EuropaCorp paid $8 million for the rights to the movie, which cost $18 million to make."

2 hours ago, Nova said:

If I were to be an actor or actress in Hollywood, I would want to be Emma Watson. All the royalties she gets from HP and all the royalties she will get from BATB. Girl is set. 

Yep i'm sure all the A-listers and Oscar winners are crying because they dont get nice paychecks lol