kayumanggi

THE CIRCLE | 04.28.17 | STX | current gross ● 11.70 M

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Lemme get this straight; you think RT or Metacritic give a better idea of what a critic thought of a movie than a critic's own words?

No, you didn't get my quote right. I think that THR and Variety "reviews" are terrible because they just describe movie's plot and don't express an actual opinion about movie. In many cases, to understand if their review is positive or not, you have to wait for their RT/Metacritic score.

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

No, you didn't get my quote right. I think that THR and Variety "reviews" are terrible because they just describe movie's plot and don't express an actual opinion about movie. In many cases, to understand if their review is positive or not, you have to wait for their RT/Metacritic score.

200w.gif

The actors aren't being overly criticized, this one is landing on Eggers and Ponsoldt. Can't win them all. It doesn't sound like it is horrible. Maybe Hanks needed to be more of a villain than an actual real bad guy. Bad guys aren't always obvious.  it'll tank on rotten tomatoes.

Edited by Harley

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm just glad I won't have to see the trailer for it ever again after being stalked by it for the past four months. "They're watching yooouuuu."

I only got it at La La Land. I have much more nefarious stalkers: Illuminati and Michael Bay (Ridley Scott and The Rock are cool though)

43 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Yesssssss. I'm so excited but I'm upset it's not getting a CD release.

In my head it's Elfman meets Carpenter. Can you describe it?

There's definitely a bit of Carpenter in there, it's an overall fairly techy soundtrack without being too overblown. I also detected some traces of Thomas Newman. Maybe a bit more Newman-y than Carpenter-y, come to think of it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dragon said:

What's this shit even about? All i remember from the trailer is that song they play. they are watching you tune lol

Hermione lands a dream job at FaceGoogle but crosses paths with Finn and grows suspicious of Tom Hanks channeling L Ron Hubbard channeling Steve Jobs. ;)

• Like 1