kayumanggi

COLLATERAL BEAUTY | 12.16.16 | Warner Brothers | final gross ● 31.07 M

48 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I thought this movie was a complete flop. But it finished at $88M worldwide on a $36M budget, which is decent.

Will Smith is still a movie star.

Smith still have some attraction, a doubt that a movie like that would have made as well in Italy without him in it.

If we use Smith last holiday Concussion release as a reference, with a planned 43 million budget and a planned 75 million world release P&A, it needed an estimated 95 million  WW ( 63 dbo/32 ibo) to break even according to Sony leaked estimate and 132 million WW (97 dbo/ 35 ibol) to give a good ROI.

If that rumored 36 million is close to the net budget of this one, I would imagine that it was about the same but with a much smaller part of the box office being from the domestic market and they probably went for a smaller domestic release budget too.

• Like 1

I know I was not supposed to, but I really liked this movie. I didn't like how the 3 friends spent time with the actors only to learn stuff about their lives, it felt very forced. Could have been more subtle on that. It does bring the movie down for me, but the rest makes up for it. Very strong performances from the cast, and I didn't hate the friends like other people have. I understand what they did and I cared a lot about almost every character. Love, Death and Time were a bit confusing, but I like to think it was ambiguous on purpose, and it didn't really matter. The movie was about the Will Smith's character story and I really cared about it and it was very emotional for me.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 10:35 PM, MrGlass2 said:

I thought this movie was a complete flop. But it finished at $88M worldwide on a $36M budget, which is decent.

Will Smith is still a movie star.

he isnt. this movie had hellen mirren, kate winslet, keira knightley, edward norton... (even the poster tried to play it as one of those celeb esemble movies) still a major flop

Edited by Kingp0va