kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Rogue Nation was the best of the franchise

McQuarrie is such an underrated visual and action director , all his action and set pieces are super complex, creative, suspensful and exciting.

The Opera scene in Rogue Nation is so virtuosic De Palma must have been proud or envious, depending on his mood.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

McQuarrie is such an underrated visual and action director , all his action and set pieces are super complex, creative, suspensful and exciting.

The Opera scene in Rogue Nation is so virtuosic De Palma must have been proud or envious, depending on his mood.

I love McQuarrie. The way of the Gun is underrated.  I watched it years ago having no idea who directed it.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

McQuarrie is a pretty good, surprisingly, set-piece director but seriously nothing compares to the master :

2_Train.gif

And re-watch that endless & insanely inventive train station sequence in Carlito's Way 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I would challenge the next set-pieces in Mission 6 to be gun-free. The best M:I action sequences feature no gun battle: the Burj Dubai climb, the car/motorcycle scenes in "Mission 5" (take away the occasional shooting, it is still a bad-ass sequence), the vault break-in & the train/chunnel/helicopter sequence in "Mission 1", and the hanging-on-the-plane scene in "Rogue Nation." Take away the guns, these movies are still impressive action spectacles IMO. Aren't Mission movies about team work and non-violent solutions?

• Like 2

Psyched! I'm a fan of the M:I franchise but always thought the later films ought to have been in 3D. Finding out it's going to be 3D - and natively shot in large format, to boot - is very exciting for me.

Wonder if they'll be using the Phantom 65 rig or the newer Alexa 65 rig?

Also worth noting that this will be the first M:I shot primarily or entirely digitally, assuming they're not lugging out the film-based IMAX 3D documentary cameras (which I highly doubt).

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Whoa, I was pretty sure that Sean Harris didn't want to come back. My main problem with Rogue Nation was how quickly it wrapped up at the end, as if they wanted to avoid setting up a direct sequel.

Makes sense in a way. MI6. Gotta milk the connection.

• Like 5

On 3/20/2017 at 5:17 PM, Chewy said:

Is Jeremy Renner back? I flat REFUSE to see this if isn't. You know what a Renhead I am

Sorry guys looks like I'm out on this one. Continuity means NOTHING these days

• Like 1