kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

I figured there would be similarities with Ghostbusters since Snatched's trailer also received a huge number of thumbs down on You Tube when it premiered. Funny enough they have the same writer. 

Yeh it's the woman hating crowd. 

Wonder what they'll attack next. Maybe Rough Night. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mango said:

I thought the Schumer hating was because of all the ther comedians she's plagiarized.

Though I'm sure comedians borrowing from either other happens a lot. 

Like her and a lot of other modern comedians she just isn't that funny imo.

That guy with the Russia story I keep seeing shared on Facebook is the only comedian I've laughed at in... a while.

That's one part of it. And the problem is she ruins jokes after she steals them (watch comparisons for examples on how she misses what made them work in the first place) but the backlash towards the Netflix special was that it was just gross and never rose above the same subjects.

Reviews are trashing this but who knows. Wouldn't be the first time people go and see a comedy critics don't like. I won't be one of them though, this looks awful.

• Like 5

Most comedy movies these days are just the same dick or smurf tunnel of bliss jokes told in a slightly different way.

Bring on Edgar Wright later this summer. That's a brand of comedy I can get behind.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

Most comedy movies these days are just the same dick or smurf tunnel of bliss jokes told in a slightly different way.

Bring on Edgar Wright later this summer. That's a brand of comedy I can get behind.

I don't think Edgar Wright's movie this summer is a comedy. Comedic moments, sure, but mostly not played for laughs.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I don't think Edgar Wright's movie this summer is a comedy. Comedic moments, sure, but mostly not played for laughs.

I'll take short bursts of his comedy over 90 minutes to two hours of stuff like this any day.

• Like 1

You guys worry about what lonely little men on the internet have to say way too much. It's the internet. Yes it's not fair, but don't let these losers sideline your personal enjoyment. They think Schumer is a fat cow, but look at their girlfriends - or lack thereof. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

You guys worry about what lonely little men on the internet have to say way too much. It's the internet. Yes it's not fair, but don't let these losers sideline your personal enjoyment. They think Schumer is a fat cow, but look at their girlfriends - or lack thereof. 

God I love this post.

They're still annoying though. They're so loud that they seem like a huge group. But I bet they're actually not.

Just now, Krissykins said:

3,501 theatres this weekend.

That's a very wide release for this. 

Being the only viable choice for Mother's Day (other than the almost two months old Beauty and the Beast) and Schumer's previous movie being a big hit made it easy for theaters to want to show it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Being the only viable choice for Mother's Day (other than the almost two months old Beauty and the Beast) and Schumer's previous movie being a big hit made it easy for theaters to want to show it.

Mothers Day is being rereleased, but I have no idea how many screens it is getting.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

It's only at certain Regal Cinemas on Sunday.

OK, then you are right.  Although I think Gifted would be a great movie to take your mother to for mother's day.... it hasn't had much buzz though, unfortunately, and I think it's theater count is pretty low by now, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jandrew said:

The funny thing is there is no reason to hate on Schumer for sexist reasons.

I think the issue I have with her and her fanbase is that they want me to think that I have to find her funny and beautiful or else I am a sexist pig.

No I prefer Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey instead :lol:

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

Completely agree. It's my unfavorite genre right now.

6 hours ago, jandrew said:

Hate to break it to you if you're a fan but a lot of woman hate Schumer just as much if not more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snatched_2017

OHMYGOD HOLY SHIT AT THAT 24% AUDIENCE SCORE. ITS ALMOST TOO SAD TO BE FUNNY BUT IT STILL IS FUNNY

@EmpireCity was right again

This is one of those cases where all the online audience scores and the like are pretty much useless because people who haven't seen it are just trashing it regardless.

EmpireCity is probably still right; the reviews aren't exactly glowing. But I wouldn't point to IMDB/RT Audience scores for this.

• Like 9

Yeah, the interbro (4chan, Reddit, trolls, etc) crowd hates schumer with a passion.  Not saying the movie is going to be loved by audiences, but the people giving it thre bad audience scores are not the target audience at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Hate to break it to you if you're a fan but a lot of woman hate Schumer just as much if not more. 

Really?  Hate her?  I'd gather there are those women  who don't care for her or are indifferent to her (I am).  But I've yet to see a horde of women frothing at the mouth about her and grossly insulting her in comment sections or on social media.  Nor do I think they're the one's in large attacking RT and IMDB scores of her movies and shows.

• Like 5