kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I find Amy Schumer to be funny. She is a very talented writer and actress. I could care less about her political beliefs or personal life.

Yeah but this isn't just her personal life. She made up a story about one of her own fans and caused her fans to start sending him death threats. She told him "I have 4 million followers on instagram and I'm going to have them bash you" in front of this guys wife and kid. 

I don't care how talented you are, you don't treat your fans that way. You would be nothing without them. Fuck her.

4 hours ago, jandrew said:

Two of the most unfunny comedies in recent memory. Thanks for telling me. I have whatever the opposite of faith is now.

I think everyone can agree that the scripts were the weakest elements of both films amidst whatever praise they may get.

13 hours ago, jandrew said:

Two of the most unfunny comedies in recent memory. Thanks for telling me. I have whatever the opposite of faith is now.

Really? Each to their own! Both fresh with critics and made over $100m. I believe Amy rewrote the script from Katie Dippold.

American comedies are usually pretty lame. But I find women much funnier for some reason, so Bridesmaids and The Heat really crack me up and I loved Ghostbusters. Also Mean Girls of course. 

I still can't tell if this will perform like Hot Pursuit or break out and be another big hit for Schumer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is sorta giving me Hot Pursuit vibes. Hopefully not because that movie was about as funny as the sound of fingernails scraping a chalkboard.

I think Amy and Goldie might push this higher. I think (hope) reviews will be better, too. No idea what the budget is yet. But I'm guessing there will be big salaries for the two leads. 

The director did Warm Bodies and 50/50. 

I also noticed, Hot Pursuit only had a 2.5x multiplier because it had a 60% second weekend drop due to bad reviews and Pitch Perfect 2 the second weekend. This has Alien, Wimpy Kid and Everything Everything. Baywatch might hit hard but it's a holiday weekend. 

Edited by Krissykins

19 hours ago, somebody85 said:

You forgot when she was rude to fans who approached her in Greensville and then completely made up a story which bashed them. I have friends who live there who say she is a total bitch who's full of herself. That's when she really started to fall from grace in the publics eye. It had nothing to do with Trump then.

The general public, myself included, is oblivious to this incident.

Richard Pryor was a drug addict and serial wife beater. Johnny Carson was an alcoholic, beat every woman he was with and NBC employees were not even allowed to make eye contact with him whenever he was in the building. Louis C.K. just nicked an entire bit on live television. According to Julie Sweeney Adam Sandler and Co. made SNL their little clique and absolutely tortured the rest of the cast and crew. Go look up Loni Love's story about her rancid interaction with David Spade. Listen to Dane Cook's "The Atheist" to learn what he thinks about people that are not Christian and what should be done to us. 

Despite those things those MALE comedians are still put on pedestals, or at the very least are not perpetually attacked on a personal level. Again, Amy gets and always got hate because she is a woman, and an outspoken liberal.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, franfar said:

Hot take: I think this will do better than King Arthur.

This movie looks pretty farcical and kinda funny.

That's really not that bold of a proclamation lol. I'm actually predicting this to do better than King Arthur as well.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:04 AM, That One Guy said:

I wouldn't be surprised with a run like 30/85.  Should do decent business.  Outside of MRA's and the general internet, not many people hate Schumer (or are aware of some of her more questionable antics).  See: Trainwreck, success of Inside Amy Schumer.

I can definitely see this opening to 30M. It will see an increase on Sunday from whatever it does on Saturday. An OW FSS of 7,10,13 is possible. 

On 4/20/2017 at 10:04 AM, That One Guy said:

I wouldn't be surprised with a run like 30/85.  Should do decent business.  Outside of MRA's and the general internet, not many people hate Schumer (or are aware of some of her more questionable antics).  See: Trainwreck, success of Inside Amy Schumer.

But it looks like shit

On 4/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, PDC1987 said:

The general public, myself included, is oblivious to this incident.

Richard Pryor was a drug addict and serial wife beater. Johnny Carson was an alcoholic, beat every woman he was with and NBC employees were not even allowed to make eye contact with him whenever he was in the building. Louis C.K. just nicked an entire bit on live television. According to Julie Sweeney Adam Sandler and Co. made SNL their little clique and absolutely tortured the rest of the cast and crew. Go look up Loni Love's story about her rancid interaction with David Spade. Listen to Dane Cook's "The Atheist" to learn what he thinks about people that are not Christian and what should be done to us. 

Despite those things those MALE comedians are still put on pedestals, or at the very least are not perpetually attacked on a personal level. Again, Amy gets and always got hate because she is a woman, and an outspoken liberal.

You picked some weird examples of putting people on pedestals.

I don't know of anyone who puts Pryor on a pedestal for his personal life. Hell, he himself had entire routines about accidentally setting himself on fire while doing drugs. He's lionized for breaking racial boundaries and being REALLY funny DESPITE everyone viewing his personal life as a complete trainwreck. Carson, I have no idea, but the man retired 23 years ago (and died 12 years ago) and the bulk of his career took place, not unlike Pryor, 35+ years ago when expectations were different.

Afaik, everyone has considered Spade and Cook assholes for quite some time, the start of which coincided almost perfectly with their careers tanking. Seriously, Cook hasn't done a tour or comedy album in 7 years, and the biggest movie he's done in the last 9 years was voicing Planes. And Spade's career over the last several years been almost entirely direct-to-DVD material. If they're on pedestals, those are some really small pedestals.

Sandler, to be blunt, made so much money that he could have been burning down orphanages and people would have given him a pass. Its not because he's a guy, its because he's been a walking gold mine. Also, the comments by Sweeney on Sandler, at least the interviews I've read, are a LOT less negative than you're portraying it. Its not that they tortured her, its just that they didn't think she was that funny. I mean... do YOU think she was funny? Other than Pat, can you think of any skits or bits that you associate with her and were particularly funny? Part of it is a changing of the guard-thing. She came in during the Lovitz and Hartman years, and they all left pretty much together except for her. The next wave who came in were a good bit younger and had a very different style of humor which didn't mesh as well with her. Most of the comments I've read about Sandler have been tolerably complementary.

Finally, Louis CK... Ok, on him, I don't really have an answer. He's so charming that everyone loves him no matter what he does.

Edit - To be clear, I'm not arguing women don't face different standards than men, because I agree they do. But your examples of men who were lionized despite bad behavior aren't really on-point, because almost all of them were either from multiple decades ago, successfully way, WAY beyond what Ms Schumer has achieved, or actually saw their careers largely fall apart after their bad behavior became common knowledge.

Plus, as counter-points, you've got the other examples that have been brought up in this thread, Eric Roberts, Val Kilmer, and Mickey Rourke, among others, who were also arguably more successful than Ms Schumer and saw their careers completely destroyed for decades because of how difficult they were to deal with.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2