marveldcfox

Jurassic World OVER Avengers:AOU Club

There is no way Jurassic World will make 2B RMB as stated by the Forbes article. Top ten imported films in China are all well established franchises with strong fan bases reaching far into the inner provinces which make up most of China's moviegoing crowd. Jurassic Park doesn't have that. I'd estimate 1.1B-1.3B at most.

But JW has a great fanbase.

Feathered dinosaurs were conclusively established as a scientific fact based on fossils from China. It is China's greatest contribution to dinosaur research. I personally will be extremely disappointed if JW does well in China.

Edited by sgchn40

JW is basically a (semi-)family movie, not even a true adult-skewing action movie, so the whole idea of comparing its online presales  with some geek flicks like AOU sounds a bit absurd from the beginning.

The competition is not very encouraging but at the end of the day, it will all come down to the film's actual quality. If JW is a great  piece of  entertainment work, it will play especially strong in the run, in which case, presales do not matter. If it's awful, it would just be a much bigger version of Tomorrowland and no one could save it.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 3

Plus, when you compare presales between AOU and F7, AOU leads by a wide margin. In the end, it's not pre-sales that count, it's actual tickets sold while the movie has its run.

I hope the promo is good enough to get people in OW, and that WOM is great and takes it from there.

Feathered dinosaurs were conclusively established as a scientific fact based on fossils from China. It is China's greatest contribution to dinosaur research. I personally will be extremely disappointed if JW does well in China.

Sorry, buddy, new study published yesterday...

Most Dinosaurs Were Probably Scaly, Not Feathered

Anyway, this club is easy in.

• Like 1

sounds like it could go either way. Competition, screen loss and the possibility it is not well received and it falls well short of 200m. Or it takes off, holds screens and beats AOU np.

You should have a second tier to the club JW china over JW dom. What is expectation for dom now?

sounds like it could go either way. Competition, screen loss and the possibility it is not well received and it falls well short of 200m. Or it takes off, holds screens and beats AOU np.

You should have a second tier to the club JW china over JW dom. What is expectation for dom now?

I think most are thinking 250-300m dom. Seems unlikely that China will outgross dom unless it breaks out in a really huge way.

• Like 1

I think most are thinking 250-300m dom. Seems unlikely that China will outgross dom unless it breaks out in a really huge way.

well, many here feel it could beat AOUs 235, then 250 isn't that much more of a reach if JW comes in at the low end

More like JW DOM OW > JW China. :P

• Like 1