Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

grim22

Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

256 posts in this topic

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-long-awaited-giant-shark-thriller-meg-swims-to-warner-bros/

The long-gestating adaptation of NY Times Bestseller MEG is now moving forward at Warner Bros. Sources reveal that the project, which has had three different homes over nearly twenty years, is a priority development. Described so eloquently as “Jurassic Park with a shark,” the film is based on the original bestselling novel Meg: A Novel Of Deep Terror written by Steve Alten, which centers on two men from opposite points of view that are forced to band together in order to neutralize the terror that’s threatening the California coast.

The Manchurian Candidate and Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life scribe Dean Georgaris scripted the latest draft of the adaptation, taking over for the nearly seven previous writers, including Alten, that penned different versions throughout the years. Sources reveal that Warner is currently in the midst of finding a director for the project. Veteran producer Colin Wilson, who has long been attached, will produce alongside Belle Avery, while Andrew Fischel and Cate Adams will oversee development for Warner.

Much like the dead creature on which the film is based, the project itself was at multiple instances extinct. The Megadaptation was initially set up at Disney in 1997 when the book was published, a bid which cost the studio nearly a one million. The project eventually went into turnaround after Disney caught cold feet about competing with Warner’s 1999 killer shark pic Deep Blue Sea. Alten, frustrated at the lack of movement on the project, wrote his own draft which he showed to Nick Nunziata, who then in turn delivered to Guillermo Del Toro.

Del Toro took the project to Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin, who brought on Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life director Jan De Bont to helm. New Line Cinema then nabbed the rights in 2005 for a reported mid-six against seven-figures, and for years the project was in heavy development

Concept art

sharkinsonsdisease-e1433360003100.jpg

2 people like this

Yeah, but will there be this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

Thought so. 

2 people like this

BKB will be thrilled. :lol:

Jesus, and I was just talking about shoehorning this into a JW Sequel.. Hollywood is listening to me.. :hi5: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, clearly, this is fake as fuck, but still, this is what this damn thing would look like.. These 2 guys would be fucking dead right now and that rinky dink boat sunk to the bottom... Fuck is this.. :rofl: 

Edited by JORDAN 4 HUMAN TORCH
1 person likes this

Yeah, but will there be this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

Thought so. 

Those are some of the worst special effects I've ever seen.

That having been said, you *know* the creators of Sharknado are taking notes on what to do with Sharknado 4.

Edited by Wrath

This film has been rumored for so dang long :P

Finally!

2 people like this

I just wish Sharknado had actually just been a crossover of Jaws and Twister

Jonas Taylor is in his mini-sub, colliding toward the MEG with it's mouth open.. Jonas and the mini0sub get swallowed and once inside the MEG'S Stomach, he takes the MEG tooth he's carried around with him in his pocket and proceeds to locate the heart muscle and uses the MEG Tooth to cut the heart muscle out and as a result, the shark dies and sinks to the bottom...

megbar640.jpg

All I ask is that when they make this movie, they change the ending of the movie from the novel, which the ending of the novel sucked ass..

1 other thing I'd like to suggest: Universal should give Richard Dreyfuss a call and offer him $$$ to reprise his role as Matt Hooper from the 1st JAWS... Granted, Hooper wasn't in the novel MEG, but Hooper could have a glorified cameo in seeing this thing up close since Hooper in the Novel JAWS mentions the Carcharocles megalodon by name when referring to the Great White their hunting... Having him in the movie would generate super $$$$$$ and would be a nice tie-in with the 1st JAWS... Dreyfuss could make references to the shark from the 1st movie also which would be cool...

Megalodon_shark_jaws_museum_of_natural_h

Edited by JORDAN 4 HUMAN TORCH

Eli Roth in talks to direct: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/eli-roth-direct-giant-shark-thriller-meg-for-warner-bros-1201520955/

After nearly 20 years of development, the bigscreen adaptation of New York Times best-seller “Meg”–about a giant, prehistoric shark–is swimming closer to the surface.

Sources tell Variety that Eli Roth is in talks to direct the Warner Bros. tentpole, which is based on the Steve Allen novel. Belle Avery and Colin Wilson are producing the pic from a screenplay by Dean Georgaris.

1 person likes this

This film could be a very big deal if given a good release date and is half-decent.

I am up for this flick.  Hopefully it is good.  If not, I have Jaws and all the Sharknados to get me through ;)

This goddamn movie is finally getting made. I had been looking forward to it for years since middle school but all these failed attempts at making it just left me jaded.

This damn movie better be worth it.

Jonas Taylor is in his mini-sub, colliding toward the MEG with it's mouth open.. Jonas and the mini0sub get swallowed and once inside the MEG'S Stomach, he takes the MEG tooth he's carried around with him in his pocket and proceeds to locate the heart muscle and uses the MEG Tooth to cut the heart muscle out and as a result, the shark dies and sinks to the bottom...

All I ask is that when they make this movie, they change the ending of the movie from the novel, which the ending of the novel sucked ass..

What, you think they should just blow it up like any other shark movie? They should just keep it the way it is in the novel.

Edited by Yandereprime

There's no way the movie could end like the Novel with Jonas Taylor killing the shark from within by cutting out it's heart with a MEG Tooth he's carried around in his pocket forever... For starters, the stomach acid would eat through his wet suit and kill him anyway, not to mention drowning from the contents in this things stomach..

If they're going to kill it, best to take his mini-sub and have it collide with the MEG, swallowing the sub and detonating it.. Any other way and the general audience will laugh at it like it's a SyFy Channel type of crap..

What, you think they should just blow it up like any other shark movie? They should just keep it the way it is in the novel.