grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

With Statham as the lead, there is no fucking way this will be a serious movie. Even if it tries to be one, the camp will be glorious. I just want some Deep Blue Sea-level dumb fun out of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, Jonwo said:

The Meg isn't a shark movie, it's a giant monster movie akin to Godzilla or Kong.

while youre right that a megalodon is a lot bigger - 75 foot is 3 times bigger than Peter Jacksons King Kong i think? it's still a shark and it's still set in water so "shark movie" seems appropriate still.

8 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

I’m more in the “monster movie” camp. It’s not like Godzilla is a lizard movie. At some point size trumps species. 

I think it's more of the water limitation. a megalodon can't move around and destroy cities like Kong or Godzilla or Jurassic park. Without any context (i mean there's nothing else underwater) it doesn't really matter how big a shark is. 

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

have there been any good China co-productions?

lothar-warcraft.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

have there been any good China co-productions?

TO answer you seriously though:

The Great Wall

Mission Impossible 5

Star Trek Beyond

Billy Lynn's Halftime Walk

Fast & Furious 7

Fast & Furious 8

Warcraft

The Edge of Seventeen

Bad Moms

Bad Moms Christmas

The Boy

The Space Between Us

Free State of Jones

Hardcore Henry (lmao remember this movie?)

Molly's Game

Seventh Son

Expendables 2

Expendables 3

I'm sure there are other Chinese co productions but these are recent ones I could find.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

TO answer you seriously though:

The Great Wall

Mission Impossible 5

Star Trek Beyond

Billy Lynn's Halftime Walk

Fast & Furious 7

Fast & Furious 8

Warcraft

The Edge of Seventeen

Bad Moms

Bad Moms Christmas

The Boy

The Space Between Us

Free State of Jones

Hardcore Henry (lmao remember this movie?)

Molly's Game

Seventh Son

Expendables 2

Expendables 3

I'm sure there are other Chinese co productions but these are recent ones I could find.

Kong Skull Island and Wonder Woman also

and Passengers

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 2

Just now, Jessie said:

Is this about a megaladon shark? Or did they just decide to name the shark Meg?

A deep-sea submersible—part of an international undersea observation program—has been attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be extinct, and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific…with its crew trapped inside.  With time running out, expert deep sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Statham) is recruited by a visionary Chinese oceanographer (Winston Chao), against the wishes of his daughter Suyin (Li Bingbing), to save the crew—and the ocean itself—from this unstoppable threat: a pre-historic 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon.  What no one could have imagined is that, years before, Taylor had encountered this same terrifying creature.  Now, teamed with Suyin, he must confront his fears and risk his own life to save everyone trapped below…bringing him face to face once more with the greatest and largest predator of all time.

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

Rounding out the international main cast of Meg are Rainn Wilson (TV’s The Office, Super), Winston Chao (Skiptrace, Kabali), Jessica McNamee (The Vow, TV’s Sirens), Ólafur Darri Ólafsson (The BFG, TV’s The Missing), Robert Taylor (Focus, TV’s Longmire), Sophia Shuya Cai (Somewhere Only We Know), and Masi Oka (TV’s Hawaii Five-0, Heroes).

meg-movie.jpg 

10 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Rounding out the international main cast of Meg are Rainn Wilson (TV’s The Office, Super), Winston Chao (Skiptrace, Kabali), Jessica McNamee (The Vow, TV’s Sirens), Ólafur Darri Ólafsson (The BFG, TV’s The Missing), Robert Taylor (Focus, TV’s Longmire), Sophia Shuya Cai (Somewhere Only We Know), and Masi Oka (TV’s Hawaii Five-0, Heroes).

meg-movie.jpg 

AND CLIFF CURTIS!

• Like 3