Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

grim22

Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Bummed to read that this takes place at a facility away at the bottom of the ocean. 

Was hoping to see big boats getting chomped on! 

Fingers crossed its still a fun B-movie. 

Spoiler

In the beginning, it takes place there until one of the MEG'S get's tangled in a cable and dies enabling the other MEG to feed off of it, keeping him warm on the way to the surface to wreck havoc..

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
29 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hope they keep the very beginning of the book in the movie where something happens in prehistoric times. I'm sure BKB knows what im getting at.

I hope they do, if for anything, to give people a sense as to just how big this thing REALLY was and what it was capable of doing...

• Like 1

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Agreed BKB. The beginning part was awesome. :)

Spoiler

However, under no circumstances could they use the ending of the novel and expect moviegoers to suspend any disbelief in any way shape or form.. It would just never work..

• Like 1

aabattery    16,292

Just read up the start of the book.

Spoiler

It's already been done :ph34r: (kind of)

Also Megalodon didn't live during the Cretaceous period, so it would never have met a T-Rex. But hey, it's a movie. I'll go seethe in the corner.

Edited by aabattery

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8nzzXb4_tM

Here's the latest News and Synopsis for the Monster Shark Thriller "MEG" to be released next Aug.. In this video are artist renderings of the movie, but not official movie posters if that makes sense?? This is either going to look very fucking amazing or not.. I'm leaning toward being Incredible given what the drawing of the Super Monster Shark Fin next to the Boat and the title.. I'm wondering when they'll release a trailer cause I'm pumped for this.. The SHALLOWS, 47 METERS DOWN, and Now "MEG".. ;)

Image result for meg THE GIANT SHARK

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
22 hours ago, slambros said:

This shark might actually be a frightening one.

I wonder when they'll release a trailer for this??? I was thinking maybe this Fall, Nov or Dec perhaps?? Attach it to The LAST JEDI to let everyone know what's in store for Summer 2018.. 

Image result for megalodon still alive proof 2014

75livesinDerry    9,498
1 hour ago, baumer said:

I think a teaser should come out soon. 

I wish they did it in the theater when I did the advance Shark Week at the Movies this past Tuesday.  It would  have been an easy, smart tie-in :) 

• Like 1

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
5 hours ago, 75live said:

I wish they did it in the theater when I did the advance Shark Week at the Movies this past Tuesday.  It would  have been an easy, smart tie-in :) 

I think more than anything is how this had a test screening last month on the 23rd a year early with FX Dajik claims his buddy worked on and said the FX sucked??? Why would you have a test screening of something like this that's obviously going to be heavy on the CGI FX a year early if it wasn't finished??? Please don't blow this Hollywood.. Seriously, don't piss me off with this.. You obviously can bring Dinosaurs to life in JURASSIC WORLD, then bringing a 75 foot Great White Shark to life should be a walk in the park.. Today's FX could make this thing look absolutely terrifying and amazing all in 1 breath.. Don't fuck this up, PLEASE!!!! 

Image result for HYPERVENTILATING GIF

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
9 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I do believe Warner is doing a Comic Con presentation on their upcoming slate, they did Kong and King Arthur last year, so not out of the realm of possibility that we might get the Meg teaser.

PRESIDENT BKB    12,885
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:03 AM, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I think a teaser should come out soon. 

So I wonder how they'll market this movie in terms of, do they show the shark in the teaser or go for the "What you don't see scares the shit out of you the most" angle like they did with JAWS in 1975, OR, are times different now and moviegoers demand to see the protagonist of a movie in the trailers to sell the movie??? :thinking:

Edited by PRESIDENT BKB