158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 12/15/2015, 3:41:44, Phil in the Blank said:

Has enough time passed yet that we can all agree that this movie's hype and BO Performance blinded BOF on this movie and that this movie is, at best an average film?

Or do we need to give it another 6 months?

I don't think anyone said it was a great film even when it came out, just that it was very fun and entertaining

• Like 2

Biggest problem with this film is it doesn't let you be wowed. Every time there is a wow moment they have to comment on how hard it is to wow people these days which kinda reminds you not to be wowed.

Little kid - Look how awesome that is!

Older bother - Yeah its lame!

Instead of explaining how hard it is truly wow someone just wow us and show us its still possible.

Edited by Jay Salahi
  • Like 1

JW is a bit of an anomaly because its a 90s blockbuster aka pure entertainment without any kind of substance that came out in the post TDK-era when many blockbusters try to ground themselves in reality, use a more serious tone and are often quite mediocre because they forget the fun. JW is pure, brainless fun. One can critize that, because yeah movies can be much more than just escapism, they can reflect social and philosophical themes, they can make people think about important issues but seriously this is the 4th film in a franchise that basically never warranted any sequels. Its dinosaurs stomping on people, dinosaurs fighting military guys, dinosaurs fighting dinosaurs - so all the things i ever wanted in my life and say what you want, but tonally this is a very different movie to JP1 and The Lost World. The first had elements of a horror thriller, the second went more in the direction of an adventure flick, but this here just embraces the stupidity. I loved it in the cinema and i can still watch it every time with a big fat smile. If i want more serious films or blockbusters, there's plenty to choose, but this one will remain on of my favourites.

So all in all, Tele is just wrong

:redcapes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

JW is a bit of an anomaly because its a 90s blockbuster aka pure entertainment without any kind of substance that came out in the post TDK-era when many blockbusters try to ground themselves in reality

[citation needed]

On 3/23/2017 at 3:33 AM, spaghetti! said:

.....I now only think it's the SECOND worst blockbuster of the decade? As opposed to the first? That counts for something, right JW fans?

Usually, I'd be inclined to like a post calling JW the second worst blockbuster of the decade, but the timing of this post makes me suspicious about what you're implying is worse than JW.

JW is the definition of fun summer blockbuster entertainment. If someone doesnt like it, it totally get it, but ive watched it now 100+ times and it doesnt get boring. Its BO legs and total gross also reflect that the GA had a lot of fun with it.

Spoiler

And yes, the script is horrid. The villain is a cartoon. But i dont care :sparta: