kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

So I guess this is the right place to post this?

Colin and Steven had a meeting with Donna Langley and the goal is for Colin to have a very rough script by August.  Colin isn't directing the sequel but he will be very involved just like Spielberg.  And if Spielberg doesn't like the script, the studio won't set the date yet. In other words, this won't be like the Furious films.  We'll be getting a sequel and it's all happening quickly but the cameras won't start rolling until both Donna and Spielberg are happy.

• Like 1

Assuming JW makes 655m, a JP1(without re-release) to LW drop off would give JW2 420m. ^_^ ^_^

A TA to AoU(assuming 458m finish) drop off gives JW2 480m.

I would be happy with 515m (there were 3 MCU movies between TA and AoU while there are no JP universe movies between JW and JW2)

Edited by a2k

Assuming JW makes 655m, a JP1(without re-release) to LW drop off would give JW2 420m. ^_^ ^_^

A TA to AoU(assuming 458m finish) drop off gives JW2 480m.

I would be happy with 515m (there were 3 MCU movies between TA and AoU while there are no JP universe movies between JW and JW2)

It all depends on the level of customer satisfaction. TLW pissed off a lot of people. TA2 didn't really piss off people but I don't think the third act was anywhere near as satisfying this time around. It will be really hard for them to match the satisfaction level of JP4's ending. As long as they don't pull a TLW and piss off a lot of the audience, I think it stands a good chance to go north of $475m.

I wouldn't be surprised now that the Hans Solo spin off has been scheduled for Memorial Day 2018, I imagine the Jurassic World sequel will be scheduled for June 29th 2018 but World Cup 2018 is going to be a factor in regards to scheduling since July is pretty packed.

I wouldn't be surprised now that the Hans Solo spin off has been scheduled for Memorial Day 2018, I imagine the Jurassic World sequel will be scheduled for June 29th 2018 but World Cup 2018 is going to be a factor in regards to scheduling since July is pretty packed.

I think they should go for a winter release like Star Wars has done this year. 

Providing the script is ready by the end of the year, it's just a matter of waiting for Pratt to be available. GOTGV2 starts shooting in Feb or March and then Pratt has Passengers. I imagine it shoots between those two and Infinity War.

I think they should go for a winter release like Star Wars has done this year.

December might work. 2017 is pretty empty at the moment but if Pratt won't be available for a while then I wouldn't be surprised if Universal waits until 2019

Providing the script is ready by the end of the year, it's just a matter of waiting for Pratt to be available. GOTGV2 starts shooting in Feb or March and then Pratt has Passengers. I imagine it shoots between those two and Infinity War.

Passengers shoots before GOTG 2. It starts shooting end of September. I think he has a break after GOTG 2 (at least until his next project is announced).

Never underestimate Universal's marketing.

AoU had pretty good marketing and it still decreased. Same with TDKR. Don't underestimate the possibility for a sequel to a global phenomenon to decrease.