Rsyu

The Martian OS Thread | 17m Weekend | 245.6m OS total

Predictions? Looking on IMDb it was scheduled to be released in late November/early December in most countries but I guess that could change with the release date in the Domestic market being moved ahead of schedule to October 2nd. What do you think? Over or under Gravity OS? 

Release dates (Will be updated as new information becomes available) 

September 30

-Indonesia

-Ireland

-Australia

-United Kingdom

-Norway

-Philippines

October 1

-Argentina

-central america

-Brazil

-Russia

-Columbia

-Hong Kong

-Singapore

-Chile

-Portugal

-Czech Republic

-Dominican Republic

-Greece

-Croatia

-Hungary

-Israel

-Republic of Macedonia

-Malaysia

-Netherlands

-New Zealand

-Peru

-Puerto Rico

-Serbia

-Slovenia

-Thailand

-Ukraine

-Italy

-Bolivia

October 2

-USA

-Venezuela

-Mexico

-Ecuador

-Bulgaria

-Canada

-Ecuador

-Estonia

-India

-Iceland

-Cambodia

-Lithuania

-Latvia

-Pakistan

-Poland

-Romania

-Sweden

-Turkey

-Taiwan

-Vietnam

October 7

-Belgium

-Egypt

October 8

-Germany

-South Korea

-UAE

-Bahrain

-Iraq

-Jordan

-Kuwait

-Lebanon

-Oman

-Quatar

-Syria

-Uruguay

October 9

-Austria

-Finland

-Mongolia

October 16

-Spain

October 21

-France

October 25

-Jamaica
-Trinidad & Tobago

February 5 

-Japan

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure this will get a Chinese release and their role in the book is pretty positive as opposed to the usual skullduggery so I can see it getting a good reception there (all assuming they don't botch up the movie of course).

The Martian>Interstellar should be a good target providing they don't bury it in a really terrible release date.

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1

Will people be sick of the annual space movie though?

Why would they be? 1 year isn't a short span of time and other genres are produced with higher frequencies without the same problem. I think the more pertinent question is whether or not it will be a good film.

Edited by Rsyu

why so low? Both Gravity and Interstellar managed $450M+ OS and early reviews suggest The Martian could be a really well made movie. Don't see how it goes below 400 really. 

I have to agree. With China being more stronger with their markets, i can easily see it grossing above the $600M WW-mark. It could be Matt Damon's highest grossing film if it beats Interstellar's $675M WW-gross.

I have to agree. With China being more stronger with their markets, i can easily see it grossing above the $600M WW-mark. It could be Matt Damon's highest grossing film if it beats Interstellar's $675M WW-gross.

Yeah this. The only problem I see right now is that The Martian could potentially be facing up against Spectre in China which could cut into it's run. 

• Like 1

Ridley Scott’s space survival story is scheduled to touch down in approximately 50 territories this weekend, fresh from its strong debut at last month’s Toronto International Film Festival.

The UK, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Taiwan and Hong Kong are expected to deliver the biggest hits forThe Martian.

• Like 1