Jump to content

Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

 

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 11.10.17 | Fox

Recommended Posts

kayumanggi    23,851

KENNETH BRANAGH IN DISCUSSIONS TO HELM “MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS”

http://www.tracking-board.com/kenneth-branagh-in-discussions-to-helm-murder-on-the-orient-express/

 

Kenneth Branagh is in talks to direct 20th Century Fox’s adaptation of Agatha Christie’s classic MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. Should Branagh’s talks follow through, the director is expected to assemble an A-list cast for the thriller, which follows famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, who becomes enlisted to solve the murder of a man who was killed in his car the night before. Michael Green, who recently penned the new Blade Runner Sequel, will script.

 

The story has been adapted twice before, in 1974 and as a CBS TV movie in 2001. The 1974 classic starred Albert Finney, Lauren Bacall, Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Bisset, Anthony Perkins, John Gielgud, Michael York, and Vanessa Redgrave. Berman even won an Oscar for her role in the film, nabbing Best Supporting Actress.

Edited by kayumanggi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ddddeeee    16,194

No doubt Branagh will get a huge cast for this one. Should play well with older audiences.

 

Can't wait for the accent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cochofles    9,022
17 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Convinced Branagh picks his projects out of a hat. 

 Thor, Cinderella, and Murder on the Orient Express...all of them are sweeping stories based on classic literary properties that span comics, detective novels and fairytales...I don't think his choices are that random.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt    16,037
3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

 Thor, Cinderella, and Murder on the Orient Express...all of them are sweeping stories based on classic literary properties that span comics, detective novels and fairytales...I don't think his choices are that random.

How do you fit Jack Ryan in there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPink    51,541
6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How do you fit Jack Ryan in there?

 

Tom Clancy ain't classic literature, bruh?

 

Fuck you, Patriot Games was my shit!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4815162342    51,231
1 minute ago, MrPink said:

 

Tom Clancy ain't classic literature, bruh?

 

Fuck you, Patriot Games was my shit!

 

Hunt for Red October's my fave.

 

Have a soft spot for Red Storm Rising and Cardinal in the Kremlin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4815162342    51,231
3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

 

The early ones, the best.

 

Yeah, where he focused more on the spy/covert ops/military stuff instead of his political/economic spiels in the later books

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emperor Tele-Limai    127,534
6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Yeah, where he focused more on the spy/covert ops/military stuff instead of his political/economic spiels in the later books

 

Not to mention Jack Ryan becoming the Most Amazing Super-powered Normal Guy ever. Jack Ryan as an obscure underling who manages to suss things out and become an unexpected hero? Great. Jack Ryan, the leader of the free world? Not so much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPink    51,541
51 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Hunt for Red October's my fave.

 

Have a soft spot for Red Storm Rising and Cardinal in the Kremlin

 

Of the Clancy novels, I've actually only read Rainbow Six, I just pulled a random title. :ph34r:

 

While Hunt for Red October is the best Jack Ryan film, Patriot Games had dat Sean Bean

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4815162342    51,231
2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

 

Of the Clancy novels, I've actually only read Rainbow Six, I just pulled a random title. :ph34r:

 

While Hunt for Red October is the best Jack Ryan film, Patriot Games had dat Sean Bean

 

Rainbow Six is the last Clancy novel I liked a good bit.

 

Also started a fairly good video game series. :ph34r:

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPink    51,541
Just now, 4815162342 said:

 

Rainbow Six is the last Clancy novel I liked a good bit.

 

Once upon a time I wanted to change my name to Domingo Chavez.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.