kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

KENNETH BRANAGH IN DISCUSSIONS TO HELM “MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS”

http://www.tracking-board.com/kenneth-branagh-in-discussions-to-helm-murder-on-the-orient-express/

Kenneth Branagh is in talks to direct 20th Century Fox’s adaptation of Agatha Christie’s classic MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. Should Branagh’s talks follow through, the director is expected to assemble an A-list cast for the thriller, which follows famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, who becomes enlisted to solve the murder of a man who was killed in his car the night before. Michael Green, who recently penned the new Blade Runner Sequel, will script.

The story has been adapted twice before, in 1974 and as a CBS TV movie in 2001. The 1974 classic starred Albert Finney, Lauren Bacall, Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergman, Jacqueline Bisset, Anthony Perkins, John Gielgud, Michael York, and Vanessa Redgrave. Berman even won an Oscar for her role in the film, nabbing Best Supporting Actress.

17 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Convinced Branagh picks his projects out of a hat. 

Thor, Cinderella, and Murder on the Orient Express...all of them are sweeping stories based on classic literary properties that span comics, detective novels and fairytales...I don't think his choices are that random.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Thor, Cinderella, and Murder on the Orient Express...all of them are sweeping stories based on classic literary properties that span comics, detective novels and fairytales...I don't think his choices are that random.

How do you fit Jack Ryan in there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Tom Clancy ain't classic literature, bruh?

Fuck you, Patriot Games was my shit!

Hunt for Red October's my fave.

Have a soft spot for Red Storm Rising and Cardinal in the Kremlin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Yeah, where he focused more on the spy/covert ops/military stuff instead of his political/economic spiels in the later books

Not to mention Jack Ryan becoming the Most Amazing Super-powered Normal Guy ever. Jack Ryan as an obscure underling who manages to suss things out and become an unexpected hero? Great. Jack Ryan, the leader of the free world? Not so much.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Hunt for Red October's my fave.

Have a soft spot for Red Storm Rising and Cardinal in the Kremlin

Of the Clancy novels, I've actually only read Rainbow Six, I just pulled a random title. :ph34r:

While Hunt for Red October is the best Jack Ryan film, Patriot Games had dat Sean Bean

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Of the Clancy novels, I've actually only read Rainbow Six, I just pulled a random title. :ph34r:

While Hunt for Red October is the best Jack Ryan film, Patriot Games had dat Sean Bean

Rainbow Six is the last Clancy novel I liked a good bit.

Also started a fairly good video game series. :ph34r:

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2