kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

Just now, Jonwo said:

It'll be interesting what kind of budget this has, I imagine $60-70m tops even with Johnny Depp and Branagh,

Branagh won't be expensive. If anything they're saving money since he's the lead as well as directing.

Hopefully the budget is sensible. I'm so excited.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It'll be interesting what kind of budget this has, I imagine $60-70m tops even with Johnny Depp and Branagh,

Given that almost the entire movie takes place in a couple of passenger train cars,I doubt it will be very expensive......

Real problem they have is simple:It is a whodunit that, because it has been done so often before,most people will know who done it:

So much so that it is a common internet mime:

Spoiler

In discussing any disaster or fiasco where a great many people are to blame,it's common for someone to say:"It like Murder On the Orient Express:Everybody did it".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Dead Again is probably the only Branagh movie which hasn't been made a thousand times before. Originality isn't his strongest suit.

"Thor" says hi.....

But agreed, Branagh does specialize in adapting classic works. His made his rep with filming "Henry V", a play that had already been superbly filmed by Laurence Olivier But when you are filming a who dunnit, it does create a problem if a huge share of the audience knows who dunnit..

I am actually looking forward to "Orient Express" ;I am sure that Branagh knows many if not most people know the solution to the  mystery, and will take that into account.

BTW,aside from the classic 1975 movie, it has been done a couple of times since on BBC.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm a simple man. I see Daisy Ridley's in a movie, I go to that movie.

Daisy Ridley is WAY out of her depth with that cast.

She isn't acting alongside goofs like emo Adam Driver and Boogeryega this time.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Given that almost the entire movie takes place in a couple of passenger train cars,I doubt it will be very expensive......

I hope cinematically it follows The Hateful 8 where the setting may be small and isolated but they don't hold back on production & costume design and amazing-looking exteriors/backdrops outside the train. Make it a real MOVIE. 

• Like 1