CJohn

Terminator: Genisys (2015)

Terminator Genisys  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It

Remember the good old days when this movie called Terminator was released and it had this really simple plot about a guy being sent into the past to protect someone important to the future of the human race whilst being attacked by a killing machine?

How did that movie morph into this super obtuse plot with multiple timelines and blahdiblahblahblah.

I didn't hate this movie. It was nice seeing Arnold back on the big screen in a big budget movie for perhaps the last time, and he really is the best part of this movie. The movie is dumb, the movie is stupid, but I wasn't bored watching the film which was an improvement over T4. But ultimately, like all the Terminator sequels (yes, including T2), the movie was incredibly unnessesary and can be safely avoided unless you get hard/wet at the thought of seeing Arnold back on the big screen.

• Like 2

Not sure  what to make of it. Some parts i enjoyed but it seemed to get extremely muddled as it went on. On paper this story may have worked but on screen it was confusing as hell. Nice to see the iconic music make its way back before the credits start rolling (glares at T3)...FINALLY but still not utilized to its fullest. 

Emilia Clarke was good but i thought she needed to be more built like Linda was. She seemed to pampered and short. Jai was fine. Will never understand the shit that guy gets. Arnold was decent though that fight between the 2 Arnolds was very very very very underwhelming. If it was that easy to kill terminators (all kinds)...why the fuck are there 5 movies?!!

Action was decent but i just dont like the story route they took. I liked the John Connor Terminater but i did not like that it was John. This whole timeline shit is a joke now.  

So Salvation never happened anytime during that timeline?????

Well atleast they bought laser guns back into the future lol

Now that this movie flopped at the boxoffice we will never know who sent 'Pops' back to protect Sarah Connor.  

C+

Not sure  what to make of it. Some parts i enjoyed but it seemed to get extremely muddled as it went on. On paper this story may have worked but on screen it was confusing as hell. Nice to see the iconic music make its way back before the credits start rolling (glares at T3)...FINALLY but still not utilized to its fullest. 

Emilia Clarke was good but i thought she needed to be more built like Linda was. She seemed to pampered and short. Jai was fine. Will never understand the shit that guy gets. Arnold was decent though that fight between the 2 Arnolds was very very very very underwhelming. If it was that easy to kill terminators (all kinds)...why the fuck are there 5 movies?!!

Action was decent but i just dont like the story route they took. I liked the John Connor Terminater but i did not like that it was John. This whole timeline shit is a joke now.  

So Salvation never happened anytime during that timeline?????

Well atleast they bought laser guns back into the future lol

Now that this movie flopped at the boxoffice we will never know who sent 'Pops' back to protect Sarah Connor.  

C+

That was a blatant mistake on behalf of the filmmakers, saving that explanation for a sequel that will probably never happen.

• Like 1

One worst movies of the year. Complete 100% garage.  Jai Courtney was terrible, Jason Clarke was also terrible, and Emila Clarke was pretty bad. So many winks at the camera in this movie. The movie felt like a fanboy making the movie and just throwing all the best pasts of Terminator 1 & 2 in one film. Way too many timelines.  First the Terminators sent to 1970s was dumb idea, just used to have an old Arnold in the film. The 1970 Terminators was never explained who sent them. I do not if I missed when I ran to the bathroom but did Sarah and Kyle have sex? Where was the human John Conner in 2017? He should have been around but they never go for to help.  Why did Terminator get a job at company with no background clearance get a job and would not John Conner Terminator recognize him.  Why did not John Conner kill Sarah when he was holding her. How the Terminator from Terminator 3 was also back in 1984  

The movie also suffers from poor visual effects, the dialog was laughable, the pacing was poor, and  the film lack direction. There nothing good in this film

Why not just send a terminator back time to kill Kyle or kill him in the room that he is in. 

0.5/5 

Edited by Darth Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 1

must admit this wasn't as horrible as I was expecting. The opening ten minutes especially were pretty damn good. Other than the inferior actors, it felt like I was watching  a real prequel to T1.

still the movie itself is basically just an average, forgettable action picture. Definitely not any kind of franchise reviver. 

I still feel like I saw a completely different movie than everyone else. Sure, it's dumb as hell, and calling it the best of the non-Cameron Terminator sequels is a backhanded compliment, but it works as mindless popcorn entertainment. It embraces the ludicrousness of its concept, it boasts fun work across the cast (even the usually-wooden Jai Courtney, who at least appears to be having a little bit of fun with his role here), and I found myself surprisingly invested in the relationship between Emilia Clarke's Sarah Connor and Ah-nuld's "Pops."

I do believe that I had a fuller review kicking around Filmgasm, but seeing how that site may now be kaput...

B

Terrible. I can't believe that this was directed by the same man that directed one of the best hours of TV ever ('Baelor' / GoT).

I subjected myself to both this and F4 on a long haul flight recently (don't ask why). F4, whilst also being irredeemably shit, was at the very least laughably bad. This is just awful. The dialogue is some of the most leaden and clunking I've heard, and the number of plot holes and contrivances are beyond distracting. None of this would have mattered if there was a sense of fun to the proceedings, but every action / chase scene is so hollow and  overly CGId as to be devoid of tension. I love Arnold but I felt he was too 'nudge nudge wink wink' this time. Every damn line was said with a smirk, not the deadpan delivery of old.

I really hated this. Mostly because I still think there is an amazing Terminator sequel waiting to be made out there, but this will kill the franchise dead.