MrFanaticGuy34

Movies based on animated cartoons that should be translated to live action and be treated more seriously

Ok. I've decided to make a list of cartoons/kids animes that could be done into live action movies and be treated with a better quality. Note that the list i will put first, is my own list i would rather want to see in live-action. Feel free to put your list if you want to. :D

Here is my list of cartoons that could be adapted into theatrical-released live-action movies.

Pokémon

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Yes, i know there is already one that M.Night Shyamalan directed,....but...i just want a more better and superior adaptation than the messy one.) Oh, and don't bring Shyamalan again to do this. It's kinda like a remake.

Ben 10 (Yes, i know there are 2 DTD films of this cartoon, but here's the thing.....they're DTD. I would love to see a theatrical one and treated theatrically.)

Actually.....i know exactly who would have played each character in a "Ben 10" movie. I'll find some casting soon.

(EDIT) : OK...found some good persons that could have played their parts. Also, keep in mind....i usually pick the RIGHT celebrities to play their characters. Not neccesarily huge box office draws....but more correct persons to do their roles.

Max+Charles+3B5QMeXJRTrm.jpg

Max Charles as Ben Tennyson

alexa-gerasimovich.png
Alexa Gerasimovich as Gwen Tennyson

Stellan_Skarsg%C3%A5rd_2009.jpg

Stellan Skarsgård as Grandpa Max

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I think a live-action Thundarr the Barbarian could work as a Guardians of the Galaxy-style throwback to 80s sword-and-sorcery movies. (And it's got post-apocalyptic sci-fi mixed in too - it could be like Yor: Hunter from the Future, except actually good.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

They don't necessarily all need to be taken more seriously in execution, but Gargoyles, Street Sharks, Captain Planet and Transformers: Beast Wars are all screaming for live action film adaptations.

Captain Planet was made with Don Cheadle and it was the most amazing thing of all time.

Thundercats, HO!

Masters of the Universe (it's always in pre-production but never comes through)

The Jetsons (think a cool movie is in there somewhere)

Also, Jem deserves better than the clueless mess coming out in September.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Would actually love to see bananaman get a live action film as it could be stupidly awesome but will never happen.

I know Bananaman was British, so I keep envisioning an Edgar Wright adaptation. (And no, that has nothing to do with the whole Ant-Man thing, I thought Bananaman -> British -> Simon Pegg -> Edgar Wright)

Someone needs to do a parody trailer of that.

Edited by TServo2049

Thundercats, HO!

Masters of the Universe (it's always in pre-production but never comes through)

The Jetsons (think a cool movie is in there somewhere)

Also, Jem deserves better than the clueless mess coming out in September.

A Jetsons movie could be pretty cool.