MrFanaticGuy34

List of fairytales Disney should have adapted into 2D animated films.

Ok. Here is a list of fairytales that i think Disney should have adapted into full length 2D animated films, either earlier or later.

Here is my list.

Red Riding Hood

Hansel & Gretel

The Snow Queen (The more faithful original one, not Frozen, even thought i liked that one.)

The Wild Swans

The Princess and the Pea

The Six Swans

What's your list of fairytales? Write down what you really wanted to see done. Also...you could even put in how much they would have done at the box office......if they were made.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I have to be honest here, if Disney ever would have done "The Snow Queen" into a hand-drawn animated film back in the 90's,....in 1993...it would have been one of the most popular and beloved Disney films in the history.

And Alan Menken could have done songs for the movie.

They could have done "The Snow Queen" eariler....and do you wanna know who would have done the voices for each character then?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I have to be honest here, if Disney ever would have done "The Snow Queen" into a hand-drawn animated film back in the 90's,....in 1993...it would have been one of the most popular and beloved Disney films in the history.

As opposed to now?

Also, not knocking down Menken but by then, Ashman had already passed away. The lyrics wouldn't have had the same magic and heart as say, something from The Little Mermaid, which is something a Hans Christian Andersen tale really needs. I loved what the Lopezes had to offer.

True....Very true.....but I'm more talking about story-wise.

Disney....could at least stayed more faithful to the original story of "The Snow Queen" but still have their own updates of it to appeal to families. It could still be timeless. And focus on the original characters, and even add in characters that aren't from the story...but still leave a big impact.

And about the voices of each characters?.....shall I tell you who would have voiced each character?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I still feel it has been nothing but downhill for Menken since Beauty and the Beast (after losing Ashman) while there's no stopping the Lopezes (EGOTs aren't just handed out to everyone, y'all). 

Anyways, the Scottish legend of Tam Lin, though adult, is very similar to the original story of The Snow Queen, if not more epic and surreal. They could easily adapt that instead in a Paperman-esque 2D/3D blend.

I think Disney really needs to make more 2D animated adaptations of children's tales in the future.

Example..... how about "Red Riding Hood" & "Hansel & Gretel"? They are fairytales from books that has things that are new to Disney fairytales.

Red Riding Hood's case = A female kid protagonist (8 years old, to be specific). Have a love-interest (A boy in the story). Follow the basic storyline but add a lot more to it.

Hansel & Gretel's case = Two kid protagonists. (The 9 year old boy & the 8 year old girl). Add some new characters. And again...follow the storyline but Disney adds more things that makes it unique from other adaptations.

Make it appealing to a very wide audience.

• Like 1

Another thing that i think Disney should do more in the future, IMO......make fairytales that centers around younger Disney characters. You know, child characters. Now, I already mentioned the "Red Riding Hood" & "Hansel & Gretel" protagonists.

Given a very good voice cast to voice each characters.

It would have been more interesting if Disney brought more younger Disney heroes & heroines. Much more interesting.

In fact, they should have done the same thing if they did the "The Snow Queen" back in 1993. Cause...tbh....the protagonists in the tale, are children.

• Like 2

I've always wanted them to make a darker film, something that is like an extension of this scene, giving it a full feature treatment: 

that being said, I would have loved Bluebeard, Donkeyskin or the Juniper Tree.

Edited by yjs

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 11:35 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And Alan Menken could have done songs for the movie.

They could have done "The Snow Queen" eariler....and do you wanna know who would have done the voices for each character then?

"The Snow Queen" was kicked around as a possible animated film by Disney in the late 1940's.