fmpro

DVD sales thread 2012

This press release is important because we almost never get any raw numbers from studios. Here is the Top 20 sales chart

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/top-20-sellers-week-ended-030313

BD2 1&2 sold an additional 830k discs.

Argo sold 580k discs in its second week.

Skyfall sold 470k discs in its third week.

My guess is that Twilight franchise must have sold over 5 million discs this past weekend.

Hi,

I have a question:

is there any chance tofind out about the DVD/Blu-RAY, rent, VOD, tv-rights... totals of e,g, Van Helsing (released before the-numbers added those details).

We have here since years an ongoing 'discussion' about additonal income for that movie, so I hope to find numbers for the US, but also for international earnings

Studios never release those numbers. Even the-numbers.com's data is just a guess most of the time. Nielsen VideoScan is the only service that tabulates the actual data so if you don't have the subscription to Nielsen you don't have the actual numbers.

Studios never release those numbers. Even the-numbers.com's data is just a guess most of the time. Nielsen VideoScan is the only service that tabulates the actual data so if you don't have the subscription to Nielsen you don't have the actual numbers.

Thank You.

I had hoped for some older fan made lists, like about a mix of press-releases, company reports, top-something lists... or some accidental insight info.