grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

In all honesty, it reminds me of a film concept I once came up with where websites on the Internet are personified and have to face an threat from a virus, a bit like Inside Out but based on the Internet rather than human emotions. If it's like that, it has promise. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell they're going to do with this.

I actually like that concept. Let's get together and write a treatment.

• Like 3

The saddest part of this is in the title, one of many upcoming pitches

I think there is only one known pitch out there. 

I think after the failure of Pixels, Sony will be less willing to move forward with this project.

On 7/30/2015, 10:13:33, lilmac said:

I think there is only one known pitch out there. 

I think after the failure of Pixels, Sony will be less willing to move forward with this project.

Edited by kayumanggi

Describing The Emoji Movie as “a movie that’s about the power of self expression,” Sony Picture Animation President Kristine Belson teased a storyline set inside an iPhone. The Emojis within live in a place called Emoji valley and wind up having to leave the village to head into the “world of wallpaper”. From there, every icon on a phone becomes its own distinct locationhttp://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/676055-sony-pictures-cinemacon#/slide/1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Describing The Emoji Movie as “a movie that’s about the power of self expression,” Sony Picture Animation President Kristine Belson teased a storyline set inside an iPhone. The Emojis within live in a place called Emoji valley and wind up having to leave the village to head into the “world of wallpaper”. From there, every icon on a phone becomes its own distinct locationhttp://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/676055-sony-pictures-cinemacon#/slide/1

Starring:ohmygod::ohmyzod::sarah::kitschjob::sadben::qotd::redcapes: :WHATanabe::apocalypse:and  :jeb!:

• Like 11

1 minute ago, goldenstate5 said:

Sounds like horseshit. Not even the Lego Movie defense works here.

Why not? And if they are smart then it should be more like Inside Out.

15 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Guys what are we gonna do when this movie turns out o be some kind of masterpiece?

Pray the sequel is about emojis feeling neglected after the advent of one @Rey and her arsenal of GIFs. 

17 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Set inside an iPhone, you say? I wonder how much money exchanged hands for that to happen?

Regarding the movie itself, you know,  you can make anything work if you put enough thought into it. Don't knock too hard at it until you see the first trailer. That's the kind of film that we really can't know how it will turn out.