PierreHP

The Little Prince OS Thread | 38.9m Total | Thriving in Brazil and great numbers from Poland as well

This is a topic about the new French animated film which is based on one of the most popular books of all time!

It's budget is more than $80m an extremely high budget for a French movie but i think it will be a success.

:)

Le%2BPetite%2BPrince%2Bhalf%2Bposter.png

Release Dates:

Belgium,France,Netherlands :29 July 2015

Poland :7 August 2015

Brazil,Argentina  :20 August 2015

Romania :13 September 2015

Germany,Thailand :15 October 2015

Taiwan :23 October 2015

Chile :29 October 2015

Hungary :5 November 2015

Japan :21 November 2015

Italy,Portugal :3 December 2015

Greece :31 December 2015

Venezuela :Sometime in December 2015

Edited by Pierre Lupin
  • Like 1

Opening Day in France:280.931 admissions(Very very good opening)

Kung Fu Panda:201.000

Inside Out:192.664

Spongebob 2:134.917

Penguins of Madagascar:212.777

Asterix:le domaine des dieux:186.046

:D

Edited by PierreHP
  • Like 2

Le Petit Prince is a book I read in elementary school, it was such a magnificent story, so moving and so different of every book I ever read...I will watch this movie that's for sure and I hope many children will discover this story all over the world thank to this movie :)^_^:wub:

• Like 2

Le Petit Prince is a book I read in elementary school, it was such a magnificent story, so moving and so different of every book I ever read...I will watch this movie that's for sure and I hope many children will discover this story all over the world thank to this movie :)^_^:wub:

;)

One of the best books ever! :D

• Like 1

The budget is huge. Will be very hard to recoup money. Almost impossible.

I do not agree with you!

The film should go well across Europe, also very popular book in Brazil in admissions must have an excellent result, which should hinder is the exchange rate. I'm sure The Little Prince must recover the budget surplus.

I remember that the film is evaluated with 7.2 on IMDB, metascore of 70 and 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (though only 5 critical).

I'll definitely watch.

• Like 2

It opens in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela on October, 7th

http://www.noticias.com/entretenimiento/fecha-estreno-pelicula-principito-en-latinoamerica.html

This report is wrong, Leonardo Di Caprio has never been tipped to be the film's producer, is actually the first time I read it.

The date for Latin America is also wrong, few countries that the dates were confirmed, on IMDB are only confirmed Brazil (August 20) and Chile (October 29) in Latin America.

• Like 1

A message from the distributor:

In december, you'll be a witness to this magic meeting...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 2

This report is wrong, Leonardo Di Caprio has never been tipped to be the film's producer, is actually the first time I read it.

The date for Latin America is also wrong, few countries that the dates were confirmed, on IMDB are only confirmed Brazil (August 20) and Chile (October 29) in Latin America.

You are right! It opens in Argentina on August, 20th. http://www.cinesargentinos.com.ar/pelicula/5999-el-principito/

But I couldn't find a release date for Spain yet

• Like 1