PierreHP

The Little Prince OS Thread | 38.9m Total | Thriving in Brazil and great numbers from Poland as well

I hope you are right because if it's true it's really bad...

:(

Confirmed!

The Little Prince in first place!

Of the Agreement with the film site specializes in http://www.lefilmfrancais.com/  a French animation was First  From: I Can not Access a matter not because I am Subscriber left agora know the Accumulated Amount.

• Like 1

I just finished re-reading the Little Prince after... like four years since I last read it and my expectations (I have many) for the film are high!  The Little Prince is such a wonderful, emotional, and heartwarming/heart-wrecking tale and I hope the film does justice to the work and captures the magic of the book that entranced so many!  :D  And congratulations on opening No. 1 in France! :D 

• Like 1

BOX-OFFICE FRANCE - 5 DAYS: THE LITTLE PRINCE less than expected

After an excellent first day France (280,931 entries which part premiere), THE LITTLE PRINCE seems to undergo the Crusaders chased holidays and multiplies his first day as by 1.9 to garner 523 331 entries of 727 copies. This is the 16th start of the year and the fourth for an animated film behind Jamel film.

Mark Osborne (director), it is largely worse than the 778,134 entries KUNG FU PANDA. With a nice average of 4.2 on a whole boulevard Allocine and throughout the month of August, THE LITTLE PRINCE should still make a nice career ... From there to repay its 60 million budget? It sounds complicated but the film should be sold well internationally.

Estimated cumulative 1st week: 700 000 entries

Final accumulated Rating: 2 5 00 000 entries

I really expected more from the French market, I thought this movie would awaken a patriotic sentiment in the population, because it is a French production and especially because it is the story of the Little Prince, a book considered sacred in France.  :( 

Despite the first place, gets a taste of disappointment. But I still have hope for the film to do well in other countries, assured that Brazil will beautiful.  ;)

Hug!

Many may find my comparison below stupid, but last year "The Lego Movie" was considered a success because it has gone well in the markets whose language was English, in other markets the performance was very weak, the budget is equivalent to of "The Little Prince", I'm sure the world except USA, Australia and UK, The Little Prince will outperform The Lego Movie.

• Like 1

Many may find my comparison below stupid, but last year "The Lego Movie" was considered a success because it has gone well in the markets whose language was English, in other markets the performance was very weak, the budget is equivalent to of "The Little Prince", I'm sure the world except USA, Australia and UK, The Little Prince will outperform The Lego Movie.

I hope so.

In France it opened higher than The Lego Movie.

:huh:

The Little Prince grossed $1.2m from 830 venues in France and has reached $5.2m after two sessions.

Terrible drop....        

Nothing to declare! :(

Disappointed! Not with the film, but with the French public. :angry:

Next week debut in Brazil, despite the exchange rate, I expect much higher numbers. :)  

Edited by Gabriel Sales

The film debuted at number one in Poland. 

http://www.sfp.org.pl/blog,137,21705,1111,1,Maly-Ksiaze-przed-Tomem-Cruise-039-m.html

I remember again the film "The Little Prince" is a French production, is not common to see non-US films debuting first in countries that are not the source.

Do not expect a blockbuster American box office for The Little Prince, but I'm very happy for the initiative of investors and French producers in trying to introduce the world to a new order, where other countries are also able to launch global reach of films.

• Like 1

The film debuted at number one in Poland. 

http://www.sfp.org.pl/blog,137,21705,1111,1,Maly-Ksiaze-przed-Tomem-Cruise-039-m.html

I remember again the film "The Little Prince" is a French production, is not common to see non-US films debuting first in countries that are not the source.

Do not expect a blockbuster American box office for The Little Prince, but I'm very happy for the initiative of investors and French producers in trying to introduce the world to a new order, where other countries are also able to launch global reach of films.

It opened higher than Rouge Nation as well as many more american blockbusters(Guardians of the Galaxy,Captain America 2,TA2 etch).

:D

Second week in the lead for The Little Prince in Poland. :)

Down only 11% in France last week, smallest drop among the top 10. ;)

Total accumulated na França entries: 1 197 923

12 to August 18: 261 492

Can reach the 2 million entries in France?

Tomorrow debut in Brazil and Argentina. Movie widely praised by people who watched the premiere in Brazil, will watch Saturday. :)

Edited by Gabriel Sales
  • Like 1

The Little Prince was pulled from Russian release schedule. Might not be released here at all.

What is the reason it was removed from the calendar in Russia? IMDB site never consisted no release date in Russia, which was previously stated?

I'm really sad about some events, saw the film today in Brazil, is simply one of the best animations I've ever seen (if not the best), cried a lot, me and my wife, the film conveys a beautiful message for children.

Imagine that if it was an American film might be having greater appeal worldwide. point out that "The Little Prince" leaves nothing to be desired for any animation at Pixar.

I congratulate Mark Osborne, Dimitar Rassam, Aton Soumache, Alex Vonarb, Bob Persichetti and Irena Brignull to believe that it is possible to film outside the United States.

Edited by Gabriel Sales
  • Like 1

What is the reason it was removed from the calendar in Russia? IMDB site never consisted no release date in Russia, which was previously stated?

I'm really sad about some events, saw the film today in Brazil, is simply one of the best animations I've ever seen (if not the best), cried a lot, me and my wife, the film conveys a beautiful message for children.

Imagine that if it was an American film might be having greater appeal worldwide. point out that "The Little Prince" leaves nothing to be desired for any animation at Pixar.

I congratulate Mark Osborne, Dimitar Rassam, Aton Soumache, Alex Vonarb, Bob Persichetti and Irena Brignull to believe that it is possible to film outside the United States.

Release date was October,30. Just before school holidays. Most likely the price was too high and box office potential is comparatively low,